Re: FW: still can't receive messages

  • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, John Elftmann
      <rainmakr@e...> wrote:
      > I would check spam filters at the ISP or e-mail client (or
      interface
      > since it's a hotmail account). Perhaps subscribe using a test
      account
      > at Hotmail (or a different e-mail service) and see if the problem
      > persists.
      >
      > John
      > (a lurker)

      John's probably got it. I know when I used a Hotmail account that it
      thought any Yahoo! Group msgs were spam (not that Microsoft has any
      competitive position with Yahoo! now does it?....oh you little
      trickster Mr. Gates <grin>). Check the "Bulk Mail" folder on Hotmail
      and if it's the spam filter that's where the msgs will be.

      In order to bypass it, change the Yahoo! profile to "daily digest"
      and then when the first digest shows up in the Bulk Mail folder
      click on the "This is not Spam" button in Hotmail so future msgs
      will come through directly to the Inbox. To do this for "individual
      message" delivery would be impractical.

      Jim
    • R Hamel
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
        ***Crossing my fingers*** I think it's fixed now. I am reading the group
        emails as we speak. I really hope it doesn't happen again, because I was on
        the verge of taking the computer up the Cheif with me on my next hike and
        tossing it off!!! LOL

        >From: "Chief Moderator" <ChiefModerator@...>
        >To: <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] FW: still can't receive messages
        >Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:39:34 -0700
        >
        >Anyone have any idea why Reanne's having this problem?
        >Jerry
        >
        >http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive interactive gear
        >reviews and tests on the planet.

      • R Hamel
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
          Oh LOL And I did make sure I had the right box ticked, and I also checked to
          make sure it wasn't being blocked and all that good stuff. Even tried using
          a different email addy (lol I have a number of them) all to no avail. Then
          suddenly this afternoon, everything is fine again? Computers, computers :)
          R�anne