Application to test the Leki trekking poles

  • Drbobwilborn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2003
      Application to test the Leki Trekking Poles in order of preference:
      1. Super Makalu AirErgo PA
      2. Ultralite Ti AirErgo PA
      3. Ultralite Ti AirErgo

      Name Robert W. Wilborn, D.C.
      Email Drbobwilborn@...
      Age 42
      Gender Male
      Height 6'3" (190.5 cm)
      Weight 260 lbs (118 kg)
      Location North Texas
      Date March 1, 2003

      I have read the latest edition of the BackpackGearTest survival guide, ver.
      12/02, and agree to fully comply with the rules outlined within.

      In terms of my personal experience with trekking poles, I have never owned a
      pair of trekking poles. I currently use a pair of ski poles that I purchased
      from a second hand store. I have used the ski poles exclusively for the past
      several months. I injured my left knee on a canoe trip in Canada this summer
      and the ski poles have helped me in the rehabilitation of my knee. The ski
      poles have helped reduce the stress on both my knees and ankles, and I would
      not dream of going on a trip without them. I have been shopping around for
      trekking poles and I like the design of the Leki poles.

      My anticipated uses for the Leki trekking poles would encompass an extensive
      range of testing conditions. My primary goal would be to test the Leki poles
      in terms of strength and durability. I am currently testing the Crazy Creek
      Crib LEX and would like to use the Leki poles to support the fly when using
      the hammock as a bivy and as a stand-alone tarp.

      Test conditions would range from 2-3 day weekend hikes within Texas, Oklahoma
      and Arkansas. Long term testing will run into the summer and fall, where I
      can evaluate the poles in a variety or weather conditions and different soils
      from sandy to extremely rocky.

      Background: I have been backpacking and hiking for the past 20 years.
      Currently, I hike and backpack in North Texas, East Texas, Oklahoma and
      Arkansas. I try and get out at least twice a month, with the exception of the
      hot months here in Texas, when it's just too uncomfortable to get out and do
      much of anything. I hike and backpack with my two teenage sons, and I have
      been trying to introduce my wife into some small backpacking trips. I have
      been very active with my son's Scout troop and I am currently the advisor for
      the high adventure patrol, made up of high school aged boys.

      Previous test:
      CMG Bonfire
      Superfeet Quick Fit Everyday

      Current test:
      Crazy Creek Crib LEX (2003)

      Owner's reviews:
      Leatherman Micra

      Monitor for test series:
      Crazy Creek Crib (2002)

      Links to my previous product reviews:

      Superfeet Quick Fit Everyday:
      BackpackGearTest.org Review - /reviews/Footwear/Superfeet Quick Fit
      Everyday/Robert W. Wilborn/Long Term Field Rep

      Victornox Classic:
      BackpackGearTest.org Review - /reviews/Knives/Victorinox/Robert W.
      Wilborn/Victornox Classic Long Term Field Repor

      I thank you for considering my application.
      Dr. Bob