OT Dave T's Doggie

  • dawnhark <dawnhark@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
      Hi, Dave--I see you are one of the original long-time locals here at
      BGT if you tested the Seychelles filter. Good app, enjoyed reading it.

      I was wondering how Oreo got her name--who named her? I remember when
      my Oreo was a little kitten, and I couldn't think of a name for him.
      He was black and white.

      A (shhh) stoner friend of mine (hey, it was 1974) afflicted with the
      perpetual munchies suggested "Oreo." I went for it, though in later
      years I was sad that the name didn't seem, well, dignified enough to
      grace the Best Cat in the Whole World....

      I'm so glad you let Oreo off leash a lot--a dog running free is a
      beautiful thing. I also believe it is essential to their mental, let
      alone physical, well-being.

      I don't think I'm supposed to rattle on off-topic like this here; are
      you a member of the Yahoo group Kampfire? If I see you there, I'll
      tell you what I told one guy who tried to stab Jesse (my Golden/Husky)
      with his hiking pole when Jesse went up to him, wagging his tail, to
      say "Hi, I love all humans, all animals, all the universe"...

      Dawn