New product test

  • Jerry Goller Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2000
      I didn't make something clear. I'll get it right sooner or later. If you want to participate in the water filter testing please send an email to the backpackgeartest list. I don't want to send something to someone that isn't interested in that particular piece of gear. I'm not sure how this first one will go but I'm sure we'll get better at it. I'm just going to forward 10 of the emails to the manufacturer so I guess you should include your mailing address. If you don't we can see what happens. I don't know how far they are willing to go, like emailing you for your mailing address. We'll see if that happens. When you get the product be sure and let the list know. I need to know if there is a problem and we need to know if this all works. Hope this is the start of something good. Pass the word.
      Jerry

    • Critical Payne
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2000
        I've been in the market for a water filter/purifier, and have been
        frustrated by a lack of good reviews. I would be happy to test the one
        offered to the list (I have used a number of other brands, including Pur
        and Sweetwater, so I would easily be able to compare the filter in
        question to other ones I have used). Even if I don't review it, I'm
        looking forward to other people's input on it!

        Stephen Payne
        520 North Main Street
        Meadville, PA 16335

        "We sure liberated the hell out of this place."
        -- GI entering the rubble of St. Lo, France, 1944
        * http://webpub.alleg.edu/student/p/paynes/war.html *
        * WW II Pictures, Essays, Information, and More *
      • David Foote
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2000
          "Gear Tester" King:

          I am still confused. I already "registered" on the backpackgeartest
          e-list. And then I sent an introductory email describing some of my
          background and contact/mailing information.

          Does your latest email message (see below),
          mean that I need to send another email indicating interest in
          the water filter test?

          Or was my previous "introductory" email sufficient?

          You mention you are going to just forward 10 of the emails to
          the manufacturer. To which emails does this refer?
          a. The introductory
          emails that a number of people (myself included) have already
          sent out to the backpackgeartest list?

          or

          b. We need to send a specific email to the list about volunteering
          for the water filter test?

          thanks

          df

          Sixteenth Note

          David Foote
          255 Emily Drive
          Lilburn, Georgia 30047

          PS: I am interested in the water filter test.

          ----------

          Jerry Goller Gear Tester wrote:

          > I didn't make something clear. I'll get it right sooner or later. If you want to participate in the water filter testing please send an email to the backpackgeartest list. I don't want to send something to someone that isn't interested in that particular piece of gear. I'm not sure how this first one will go but I'm sure we'll get better at it. I'm just going to forward 10 of the emails to the manufacturer so I guess you should include your mailing address. If you don't we can see what happens. I don't know how far they are willing to go, like emailing you for your mailing address. We'll see if that happens. When you get the product be sure and let the list know. I need to know if there is a problem and we need to know if this all works. Hope this is the start of something good. Pass the word.
          > Jerry

        • Jerry Goller Gear Tester
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17, 2000

            "Gear Tester" King:

            I am still confused. I already "registered" on the backpackgeartest
            e-list. And then I sent an introductory email describing some of my
            background and contact/mailing information.

            Does your latest email message (see below),
            mean that I need to send another email indicating interest in
            the water filter test?

            Or was my previous "introductory" email sufficient?

            To be sure that people get only gear they are really interested in testing and not just tossing in the closet for some possible future use, I'm requesting an email for each idividual test as they are announced. I know this seems like alot of emails but I don't want the providers to feel we are just tossing stuff out for free. I want them to both feel and see that they are getting the exposure and testing they are hopeing for.
            Jerry