Re: [BackpackGearTest] forwarding calls to women's group

  • nafister@uti.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2001
      Never knew there was a women's group. Where and how does one join it?
      Tell me more!

      >Jerry - I'll be going web-only for about a month starting tomorrow
      (wedding
      >prep and wedding then honeymoon). If you post tester calls in that time
      >period, someone else will have to forward them to the women's list. I
      >believe Coosa hangs out here, but she'll be in Italy, and I think Mara's
      not
      >on the women's list. Anyone out there a member of the women's list who
      can
      >volunteer to cover this for me, please?
      >
      >Thanks!
      >Sandpiper

    • Sonjia Leyva
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2001
        OK. I'll bite. Which women's list?

        Sonjia

      • musoke1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 4, 2001
          OK, I'm putting a sticky on the 'puter so the first thing I see each
          morning is 'check for gear announcements'.

          Have a good time!
          karen

          Message 4 of 11 , May 4, 2001
            That would be great! Thanks, Karen! I'll be back June 4th!

            Sandpiper

            >From: musoke1@...
            >To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: forwarding calls to women's group
            >Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 15:42:38 -0000
            >
            >I recently joined the women's group and can take care of this if you
            >like. Should I just forward any tester calls that show up in this
            >group?
            >karen
            >
            >--- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Amy Friends" <coelura@h...> wrote:
            > > Jerry - I'll be going web-only for about a month starting tomorrow
            >(wedding
            > > prep and wedding then honeymoon). If you post tester calls in that
            >time
            > > period, someone else will have to forward them to the women's
            >list. I
            > > believe Coosa hangs out here, but she'll be in Italy, and I think
            >Mara's not
            > > on the women's list. Anyone out there a member of the women's list
            >who can
            > > volunteer to cover this for me, please?
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > > Sandpiper

          • GearTester
            Message 5 of 11 , May 4, 2001
              Please do so. I also wonder if it would also be possible for me to join that
              list with no messages received just so I can post test calls.
              Jerry

            • musoke1@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 4, 2001
                Jerry,

                You might try mailing the list owner about it:
                WomenHikers-owner@yahoogroups.com

                In the meantime, I'll watch for tester announcements and pass them
                on.

                karen

                --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
                > Please do so. I also wonder if it would also be possible for me to
                join that
                > list with no messages received just so I can post test calls.
                > Jerry

              • Amy Friends
                Message 7 of 11 , May 4, 2001
                  WomenHikers@yahoogroups. It's women only. Check it out! :-)

                  Sandpiper

                  >From: "Sonjia Leyva" <sleyva@...>
                  >To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: forwarding calls to women's group
                  >Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:07:09 -0000
                  >
                  >OK. I'll bite. Which women's list?
                  >
                  >Sonjia
                  >
                  >--- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Amy Friends" <coelura@h...> wrote:
                  > > Jerry - I'll be going web-only for about a month starting
                  >tomorrow(wedding
                  > > prep and wedding then honeymoon). If you post tester calls in that
                  >time
                  > > period, someone else will have to forward them to the women's list.
                  > > believe Coosa hangs out here, but she'll be in Italy, and I think
                  >Mara's not
                  > > on the women's list. Anyone out there a member of the women's list
                  >who can
                  > > volunteer to cover this for me, please?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > Sandpiper

                • Amy Friends
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 5, 2001
                    Hmmm... I switched to webonly at the yahoo site but am still getting
                    mails... I'll have to check that.

                    Anyway - yahoogroups has one called WomenHikers - it's only women and you
                    have to apply (someone has to be pretty sure you're female to approve you).
                    It's a great resource for hiking from the woman's perspective. I encourage
                    any of you ladies out there to check it out.

                    The original group was part of Wingfoot's Trailplace site, and rounded up by
                    Rosie (Maine Rose - Beverly Hugo) and contributed signifiacntly to her book
                    about women and hiking the AT (you can find it at Amazon). When Wingfoot
                    decided to close taht feature down, someone (I don't remember who) started
                    the egroups version which is now yahoogroups.

                    Sandpiper

                    >From: nafister@...
                    >To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [BackpackGearTest] forwarding calls to women's group
                    >Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:52 +0100
                    >
                    >Never knew there was a women's group. Where and how does one join it?
                    >Tell me more!
                    >
                    > >Jerry - I'll be going web-only for about a month starting tomorrow
                    >(wedding
                    > >prep and wedding then honeymoon). If you post tester calls in that time
                    > >period, someone else will have to forward them to the women's list. I
                    > >believe Coosa hangs out here, but she'll be in Italy, and I think Mara's
                    >not
                    > >on the women's list. Anyone out there a member of the women's list who
                    >can
                    > >volunteer to cover this for me, please?
                    > >
                    > >Thanks!
                    > >Sandpiper

                  • Amy Friends
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 7, 2001
                      Great! Thank you!! :-) 12 days to go, now I have to figure out why the
                      change to "web only" status isn't working...

                      Sandpiper