Re: 2nd report

  • cstarnes@nehp.net
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 7:52 PM
      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GINA LEACH" <word-witch@m...> wrote:
      > I feel I haven't really given the Leki's a run for their money yet
      because I have yet to take them beyond San Antonio, but here are
      further impressions:

      Sorry to rush you on that second report but you now have untill
      June 19th for your final report. I would like to suggest that the
      second roport deadline be moved back to about a week. That way if you
      recieved a piece of gear on Monday and had to work all week it would
      give the tester an opertunity to use the gear before the second
      report was due.

      > Much to my embarrassment, I didn't figure out how to adjust the
      hand straps until I'd had them a couple days,

      It's good to know I'm not the only one out here who dosent always
      immediatly get how something works. I'm still working on Jerrys
      Barber Shop pole strap setup for the Hennessey Hammock. But on the
      other hand I can set it up normal in pitch black. I have done it
      twice now just to see how hard it would be. After I set it up I use
      the flashlight to see if any widowmakers are overhead though. I
      actually tied on to a dead tree the second time.

      Coy Boy
    • GINA LEACH
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 12:12 AM
        Not a problem. Yeah it might be good to give a week between reports. As it is, I will probably post four reports just so I feel like I've done an adequate job of testing. This Saturday I am doing a day hike with some steep hills, but I'd like to do at least one longer hike, too. Anyone wanna check out Big Bend with me before it gets too hot :>)

        Maybe we should start some sort of club for those of us who don't get it with a piece of gear the first time! Then again, perhaps we make better testers because it gives the manufacturer an idea of how detailed instructions they need to include with a particular item!

        Gina

        > I feel I haven't really given the Leki's a run for their money yet
        because I have yet to take them beyond San Antonio, but here are
        further impressions:

          Sorry to rush you on that second report but you now have untill
        June 19th for your final report. I would like to suggest that the
        second roport deadline be moved back to about a week. That way if you
        recieved a piece of gear on Monday and had to work all week it would
        give the tester an opertunity to use the gear before the second
        report was due.

        > Much to my embarrassment, I didn't figure out how to adjust the
        hand straps until I'd had them a couple days,

          It's good to know I'm not the only one out here who dosent always
        immediatly get how something works.  I'm still working on Jerrys
        Barber Shop pole strap setup for the Hennessey Hammock. But on the
        other hand I can set it up normal in pitch black. I have done it
        twice now just to see how hard it would be. After I set it up I use
        the flashlight to see if any widowmakers are overhead though. I
        actually tied on to a dead tree the second time.

          Coy Boy

      • GearTester
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 12:42 AM
          > Sorry to rush you on that second report but you now have untill
          > June 19th for your final report. I would like to suggest that the
          > second roport deadline be moved back to about a week. That way if you
          > recieved a piece of gear on Monday and had to work all week it would
          > give the tester an opertunity to use the gear before the second
          > report was due.

          ### The second reports only function is to give first impressions. You don't
          have to use the item in the field, just your living room. Is it what you
          expected from the manufacturers website. Can you understand the instructions
          and "see" how to use the item.

          > > Much to my embarrassment, I didn't figure out how to adjust the
          > hand straps until I'd had them a couple days,

          ### It took me about an hour or two to figure it out. I finally had to
          lengthen the cut in the strap to get the adjustment I wanted.

          > It's good to know I'm not the only one out here who dosent always
          > immediatly get how something works. I'm still working on Jerrys
          > Barber Shop pole strap setup for the Hennessey Hammock. But on the
          > other hand I can set it up normal in pitch black. I have done it
          > twice now just to see how hard it would be. After I set it up I use
          > the flashlight to see if any widowmakers are overhead though. I
          > actually tied on to a dead tree the second time.
          > Coy Boy
          ### I've got some pictures I took of the straps in use. I'll post them when
          I get back.
          Jerry
        • cstarnes@nehp.net
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2 5:34 AM
            > > It's good to know I'm not the only one out here who dosent
            always
            > > immediatly get how something works. I'm still working on Jerrys
            > > Barber Shop pole strap setup for the Hennessey Hammock. But on the
            > > other hand I can set it up normal in pitch black. I have done it
            > > twice now just to see how hard it would be. After I set it up I
            use
            > > the flashlight to see if any widowmakers are overhead though. I
            > > actually tied on to a dead tree the second time.
            > > Coy Boy
            > ### I've got some pictures I took of the straps in use. I'll post
            them when
            > I get back.
            > Jerry

            Jerry

            Thank You!!!! What I came up with from your description is sort of
            like a manualy operated ratchet. I have trouble keeping the lines
            centered on the trees, pointing center to center from tree to tree.

            Coy Boy