Whats going on

  • cstarnes@nehp.net
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1 9:09 PM
      I knew Jerry was having problems with some of his messages not
      showing up untill much later (sometimes the next day). I sent 2
      replies in the past hour and they havent shown up. This is a test to
      see if this will go through. Anyone else having this problem.

      Coy Boy
    • GearTester
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1 11:42 PM
        Mine pretty much stopped when I got away from Hotmail.....I think....
        Jerry

      • cstarnes@nehp.net
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2 5:52 AM
          --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
          > Mine pretty much stopped when I got away from Hotmail.....I
          think....
          > Jerry

          Jerry

          I think you got well but passed it on to me. My above test didnt
          post last nite and a reply I posted this morning hasen't showed up
          yet. Oh well.

          Coy Boy
        • David Harris
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2 7:26 AM
            I'm thinking it was/is a glitch in yahoos system. I posted a reply
            early yesterday afternoon, and it didn't hit the list until 7:XX last
            night.

            David

            --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., cstarnes@n... wrote:
            > I knew Jerry was having problems with some of his messages not
            > showing up untill much later (sometimes the next day). I sent 2
            > replies in the past hour and they havent shown up. This is a test
            > see if this will go through. Anyone else having this problem.
            >
            > Coy Boy
          • David Hicks
            Message 5 of 14 , May 2 8:01 AM
              Hours?

              I've seen responses to messages days before the message being responded to.

              However, it is not just this list. So, I suspect part, maybe a major part,
              of the problem is my ISP.

              I am getting more and more messages out of sequence -- some up to three
              days. For example, I will see some replies long before I see the beginning
              of the thread, or earlier replies.

              Now I believe that Email is still a "store and forward" technology and when
              a server doesn't get through it often holds the message for some time before
              trying again. So, I think I know what is happening, but not where -- as
              different messages take different routes from and to the same ISPs.

              However, I was wondering if other folk were experiencing an increase in the
              same type of "messages out of sequence." If not, I suspect that my ISP
              (USIT / OneMain / EarthLink) may be having more congestion than its hardware
              and connection to the "net" itself can handle -- albeit the dial-in modem
              access is doing OK on the no-busy signal or dropped lines problems they were
              having before.

              Any experts out there have any advise? Time to switch ISPs?

              Chainsaw

            • musoke1@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , May 2 9:21 AM
                I post the eGroups through the forum interface. My replies to a
                different group were taking a good 4 hours to get through. I was
                thinking it was Yahoo having difficulty, rather than my ISP
                (GTE/Verizon). My regular email is not experiencing any slowness.
                karen

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • richard.dreher@jacobs.com
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2 10:12 AM
                  The email problems seem to affect more than Hotmail. I finally
                  unsubbed from my Hotmail delivery and now read and post to the list
                  directly though my browser.

                  I'm a much happier camper now, and recommend the option to any who
                  are set up to do so. The list has grown too big for all the email
                  traffic anyway.

                  Se "My Preferences" for delivery options.

                  --Rick

                  --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., cstarnes@n... wrote:
                  > --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@q...> wrote:
                  > > Mine pretty much stopped when I got away from Hotmail.....I
                  > think....
                  > > Jerry

                • Thomas Vickers
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2 11:44 AM
                    I am connected via a T1 line here at work (or so the tech types say) and I have
                    been getting a ton of out of synch messages. Replies coming in before the
                    original.

                    Maybe it is a yahoo problem.

                    TV
                  • Patrick Miller
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 3 11:28 AM
                      The Yahoo egroups regularly experience small problems, so this is no
                      surprise. They are a HUGE system and occasionally they will lag or
                      lose messages altogether. As for which method you use to post, via
                      email or through the egroups interface, I am not sure one is better
                      than the other - as they both have caveats...

                      With technology (and many other things, like gear for example), you
                      get what you pay for. If your egroup or email service is free, then
                      don't expect 100% performance. Free services get the most hits and
                      the most attempts to exploit their systems. Hotmail is *notorious*
                      for all kinds of problems - from security breaches to privacy
                      violations - that cause regular outage or errors (Microsoft is a BIG
                      target).

                      Changing providers from Hotmail to any one of the zillions of free
                      email services out there would probably clean up a large amount of
                      your email headaches...

                      mail.computercurrents.com
                      www.ureach.com
                      www.hushmail.com
                      www.linuxmail.org

                      Just to name a few...

                      Hope this helps?
                      PM

                    • Elkpony@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 3 11:18 PM
                        tons tons ****************** lolol  have tryed to post a report five times
                        now doesnt work right mmmmmm
                      • Larry Duke
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 4 7:17 AM
                          This is a test. I also am having trouble getting messages to Jerry.
                          Sent at 9:15am Central Standard Time on 05/04.
                          Traveler
                        • Rob
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 4 8:29 AM
                            Coming thru on this end, Larry. However, Jerry's not around to get any
                            messages.

                            Message 13 of 14 , May 4 1:06 PM
                              >I am connected via a T1 line here at work (or so the tech types say) and I
                              >have been getting a ton of out of synch messages. Replies coming in before
                              >the original.
                              >
                              >Maybe it is a yahoo problem.

                              Ditto here...
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 5 7:32 AM