Re: [BackpackGearTest] Owner reviews of Zirkel, McHale, Snow peak cup

  • Helen Hillberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
      Douglas,

      I hope you reconsider. The first owner reviews are the hardest, longest, most time consuming. It really does get a whole lot easier after a while, otherwise we'd all be gone.

      I thought you did an excellent job for your reviews, they were thoughtful and helpful to the buying public. I really hope you reconsider, as Marge says, you have a lot to offer to the group.

      Helen

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas J. Durham"
        <djdurham@n...> wrote:

        > Reluctantly, I have left this group. You all do good work; however,
        I found
        > the editing to be more than I wanted to do.
        > Douglas Durham

        Douglas, I hope you'll re-consider. I found your review informative
        and it didn't contain any un-necessarry 'waffle' or 'padding'. The
        editing process is an important aspect of BGT and you soon get used
        to it. It's what makes the reviews such good quality in the end. I
        actually thought you'd grasped the process pretty well judging by
        your second submission, it took me about half a dozen edits to get my
        first one anywhere near decent. Please stick with it.
        Cheers, Graham
      • Chief Moderator
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
          We're sorry to see you go. I know the rigorous editing we put people through
          isn't for everyone. But that same editing is what produces the bests reviews
          on the internet, or anyplace else, for that matter. I have spent the day
          listening to manufacturers rave about our site.....and ask us to test their
          gear. We have high goals and have therefore set high standards. I appreciate
          your reports. Check back with us in a bit and see what the efforts of a lot
          of people trying their best can accomplish. See you on the trail. Enjoy!
          Jerry

          http://www.BackpackGearTest.org <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> : the

          Reluctantly, I have left this group. You all do good work; however, I found
          the editing to be more than I wanted to do.
          Douglas Durham

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Thomas Vickers
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
            Anyone who is interested in the golite Flare, there is an interesting deal
            at ebay

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2704571281&category=36115

            TV
          • Matt Pulsts
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2003
              Im almost positive this is a friend of mine who just closed up his retail
              shop in Atlanta. if so then all the stuff hes got for sale is brand new
              showroom stuff he's trying to offload. And im sure we'll be seeing more of
              his stuff later...