Owner reviews of Zirkel, McHale, Snow peak cup

  • Douglas J. Durham
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
      Reluctantly, I have left this group. You all do good work; however, I found
      the editing to be more than I wanted to do.
      Douglas Durham
    • Marge Prothman
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
        Douglas,
        I was delighted to see you join and wish you would reconsider, just getting
        those
        first few owner reviews in, is a bitch, however once you get the hang of how
        the reports
        are done, the editing becomes a small concern. When I think back to the
        first gear that I was selected to review, and how I did my reviews, I now
        shudder and wish I could just go back in and redo the whole process. But I
        will not do that, it reminds me of how much we have all
        grown in the past couple of years and how many manufacturers are now showing
        us on their sites.

        So please reconsider you have a lot to offer.

        Marge [The Old Gal]
        http://www.prothman.org/marg

        P.s. to Graham, current picture coming soon. <:)
      • Helen Hillberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
          Douglas,

          I hope you reconsider. The first owner reviews are the hardest, longest, most time consuming. It really does get a whole lot easier after a while, otherwise we'd all be gone.

          I thought you did an excellent job for your reviews, they were thoughtful and helpful to the buying public. I really hope you reconsider, as Marge says, you have a lot to offer to the group.

          Helen

        • Graham Blamey <gg@higray.fsnet.co.uk>
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas J. Durham"
            <djdurham@n...> wrote:

            > Reluctantly, I have left this group. You all do good work; however,
            I found
            > the editing to be more than I wanted to do.
            > Douglas Durham

            Douglas, I hope you'll re-consider. I found your review informative
            and it didn't contain any un-necessarry 'waffle' or 'padding'. The
            editing process is an important aspect of BGT and you soon get used
            to it. It's what makes the reviews such good quality in the end. I
            actually thought you'd grasped the process pretty well judging by
            your second submission, it took me about half a dozen edits to get my
            first one anywhere near decent. Please stick with it.
            Cheers, Graham
          • Chief Moderator
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
              We're sorry to see you go. I know the rigorous editing we put people through
              isn't for everyone. But that same editing is what produces the bests reviews
              on the internet, or anyplace else, for that matter. I have spent the day
              listening to manufacturers rave about our site.....and ask us to test their
              gear. We have high goals and have therefore set high standards. I appreciate
              your reports. Check back with us in a bit and see what the efforts of a lot
              of people trying their best can accomplish. See you on the trail. Enjoy!
              Jerry

              http://www.BackpackGearTest.org <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> : the

              Reluctantly, I have left this group. You all do good work; however, I found
              the editing to be more than I wanted to do.
              Douglas Durham

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Thomas Vickers
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
                Anyone who is interested in the golite Flare, there is an interesting deal
                at ebay

                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2704571281&category=36115

                TV
              • Matt Pulsts
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2003
                  Im almost positive this is a friend of mine who just closed up his retail
                  shop in Atlanta. if so then all the stuff hes got for sale is brand new
                  showroom stuff he's trying to offload. And im sure we'll be seeing more of
                  his stuff later...