EDIT Re: [BackpackGearTest] Owner Review -Thorlo CoolMax Lite Hiker Mini Crew

  • Helen Hillberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hi Cheri, welcome aboard and thanks for your review. I like Thorlos too.

      This is an official edit of your review. Please correct your report as noted below, unless of course you disagree with my edits, and then upload it to this folder

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Socks/Thorlo%20Light%20Hiker%20Mini%20Crew%20CoolMax/

      when done. Suggested edits can be found below.

      Thanks,
      Helen
      Moderator
      Date:1/24/2003
      Backpacking Background: I have been backpacking for over 20 years. The majority of my trips have been 3-6 day trips with “the big one” still looming in my future. I backpack mostly in Florida in extremely hot conditions such as the Florida trail in July, or the North Carolina Mountains. I also backpack with my young children and my Mother
      EDIT Mother is not usually capitalized
      on occasion. I pack light but am not obsessed with it as I enjoy some of the “creature comforts”.

      Manufacture: Thorlo
      Year of Manufacture: 2002
      Weight: 4oz.
      EDIT please include metric
      Size: 7-9
      MSRP: $5.99

      These socks are short style for warm weather. They are high performance moisture-wicking socks. They contain cotton fibers in the ribbed top, which absorb sweat while the coolmax Polyester wicks it away. Medium density padding under the ball and heal cushions and protects in blister areas. Low density padding with spandex around the arch and instep prevents bunching, allowing shoes to snug closer and support arch. Fabric content is 52% CoolMax polyester, 26% acrylic, 14% stretch nylon, 5% spandex, and 3% cotton.
      EDIT CoolMax is a registered trademark and should always be capitalized - heal should be heel - did you mean to say "shoes to snug closer" or did you mean socks to snug closer

      I have used these socks for the past 8 months hiking in the North Carolina Mountains, on the Florida Trail through Ocala Nat’l forest, and on several very swampy hikes in Central Florida Preserves. I have always had VERY sensitive feet and blister despite all precautions. The Thorlo Lite
      EDIT Light not Lite
      socks have been the best pair of hiking socks I have ever used. I used them in cooler weather 30’ as well as 98+’
      EDIT include temps in both F and C scales
      in the Florida Scrub. Under both conditions they performed well, keeping my feet dry, cool in the summer, warm in the winter. They work equally well with my mid-weight hiking boots as they do with my hiking sandals. On a recent hike that turned into a “swamp tromp” they preformed
      EDIT performed
      so well that after hiking through knee deep water and hiking 4 more miles I did not get any blisters. Another thing I really like is the color, a medium earthy brown. No matter how dirty they get the
      EDIT they
      look clean. I have washed and dried these socks more than 30 times and they have retained their shape and look new.
      In summary the Thorlo CoolMax Lite Hiker Mini Crew
      EDIT Light Hiker Mini Crew
      for women is an excellent sock for hiking. They have proven to be rugged and durable. Their ability to keep your
      EDIT The review must be kept personal - replace your with my - (they may not keep my feet dry, you only know that they kept your feet dry)
      feet dry, warm in winter and cool in summer is probably the most valuable
      EDIT VALUED asset OF MY hiking sockS.

      Things I like:
      1. Keep feet dry
      2. Keep feet cool in summer, warm in winter
      3. Brown color

      Things I don’t like:
      I am completely satisfied with these socks
      EDIT Take a look after upload to check the alignment of this last sentence, also check that your manufacturer link works. Since this is your first review you should upload it to the test folder first to make sure that it is formatting correctly. The test folder can be found here
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/