Hennessey Safari Test

  • David_Troeger@dell.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2001
      Jerry,

      After reading the excellent reviews on this list, I ran out and bought a
      Hennessey Ultralight. This is a truly revolutionary product when you
      consider it's light weight, ability to set up at scenic, but tent-unfriendly
      sites, and it's collateral weight savings in the overall sleep system (no
      pad, groundcloth, poles).

      As for the new Safari, I fit into the almost-but-not-quite category. I'm
      6'2" and 220 lbs and just don't want to eat enough pasta to clear 240 lbs.
      However, I think I'm at the iffy side of the Ultralight's weight capacity
      and don't like to bring any gear into the hammock with me for that reason.
      I'd be interested in testing the Safari if only to see how it does with
      other "stuff" inside it. So, if Tom loosens his requirements a bit, please
      consider me. I've already tested the Seychelles filter and have one post to
      go before finishing the Pristine test, so you can check my report history to
      see if it matches your needs. I've got a great trip planned on the Ouachita
      trail next month, and intend to follow that with a trip to the Guadalupe
      mountains. If chosen, I will commit to meeting the posting requirements.

      Thanks,

      David Troeger