2003 Travel plans and journal site

  • Mara Factor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      At the end of September, my employer saw fit to grant me the wonderful gift
      of TIME (yes, I happily got laid off). As I was already planning a 2003
      Pacific Crest Trail hike, I decided to make the best use of my time before
      the hike and travel.

      On Monday, January 6, I head for Australia for a couple of months followed
      by a month in New Zealand. When I come back, I'll have three weeks to
      recover from jet lag, file my taxes, and plan my hike.

      In theory, I'll have plenty of internet access down under and hope to keep
      my family, friends, and others up to speed with my latest adventures. To
      follow along as I travel, join the TravelsAndTrails mailing list I created
      on Yahoo! at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TravelsAndTrails/ . This will be
      a low volume mailing list, averaging less than one message per day.

      If you choose to read messages on site, I recommend clicking on Messages and
      then click on Expand Messages to read 15 emails on a page without having to
      click through advertisements.

      My web site, http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor, has also gone through
      a major renovation. I hope it's easier to use and better organized. It's
      certainly easier to maintain now, so updates should happen more frequently.

      I'm not yet sure if or how I'll send updates from the PCT, but I'll post
      more about that in April.

      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

      Mara