Hello from Hennessy Hammock

  • info@hennessyhammock.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2000
      I'm very pleased to have found out how to access this site.
      Many users of my hammock tell me that there is a lot of discussion
      that I should be aware of for valuable feedback from this group. I'm
      an Industrial Designer living in the Gulf Islands near Vancouver,
      B.C.
      This whole project evolved from my search for the lightest/cheapest/
      best gear for my weekend bicycle trips out of Washington, D.C. up to
      the Appalachian Trail over 40 years ago. Hammocks have always been my
      favorite piece of camping gear and the design challenge to improve
      it has turned out to be way more fun than I ever imagined. I have
      offered Jerry Goller in Salt Lake City six hammocks to distribute for
      testing and will appreciate all feedback to make this little piece of
      gear even better.

      Tom Hennessy
    • Gear Tester
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2000
        Welcome aboard, Tom. Do you want the people requesting to test your hammocks to email you their info directly for selection? I think it would be best if you selected the testers. Please let us know how you want to handle it. We have been discussing the report requirements. The selected testers should email you agreeing to comply with the following format. All reports must be posted to this group and uploaded to the appropriate file on the list site. They may also correspond with you directly but the required reports must also be posted here. The first report must be posted within 24 hours of receiving the gear. It must include info on the condition and completeness of the gear and the presents or absence of instructions, if necessary. The second report must be posted with in 3 days of receipt of the gear. It must give the testers initial reaction to or impression of the gear, completeness and understandability of the instructions, and general correctness of the representation of the gear. The third report must be posted with in 30 days. It must be the result of at least one actual field test of the gear. It must state the testers perceived pros and cons about the gear and detailed explanations of why the tester felt that way. It must state how this gear compared to other gear in the tester's experience. If problems were found with the gear and the tester has ideas how to fix the problems they should say so in detail. If the gear performs exceptionally well the tester should state that and why they thought so. If the gear fails in the field it is to be immediately returned to the manufacturer with a detailed description of what happened and how it happened. All gear provided by manufacturers are to become the sole property of the tester unless the required 3 reports aren't submitted in the time frames required. In that event ownership of the gear reverts to the manufacturer and the tester is required to return the gear at their own expense. If they can not or will not agree to these requirements then alternate testers will be selected.

        Thanks for giving us this opportunity to test your new hammock.

        Jerry

        I'm very pleased to have found out how to access this site.
        Many users of my hammock tell me that there is a lot of discussion
        that I should be aware of for valuable feedback from this group. I'm
        an Industrial Designer living in the Gulf Islands near Vancouver,
        B.C.
        This whole project evolved from my search for the lightest/cheapest/
        best gear for my weekend bicycle trips out of Washington, D.C. up to
        the Appalachian Trail over 40 years ago. Hammocks have always been my
        favorite piece of camping gear and the design challenge to improve
        it has turned out to be way more fun than I ever imagined. I have
        offered Jerry Goller in Salt Lake City six hammocks to distribute for
        testing and will appreciate all feedback to make this little piece of
        gear even better.

        Tom Hennessy

        eGroups Sponsor

      • Yelverton