Para-tipi

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Has anyone tried one of these out?

      Para-tipi - http://www.tipikifaru.com/paratipi.htm

      Just wondering - looked neat.

      Dan
    • Clifford R. Haynes
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2002
        I wish some one had tried one. I to have been looking for info on the
        paratipi and the 4 person tepee, but have found nothing other than what is
        on there web site. I emailed the web site to ask about users on the AT,
        there reply said there are a lot of people using the paratipi on the AT, and
        that they had reviews on there web site ( so I got nothing really from
        them). Unfortunately they are too expensive for me to buy one to check out,
        so guess I'll just have to wait until I run into one.
        I was interested in them for winter backpacking on snowmobile trails, here
        in Maine there are lot's of good snowmobile trail hikes, but if you can't
        pick your hiking time to coincide with good weather, a heated tent would be
        worth the extra weight.
        Rocky