Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Tests: Where are we at?

  • David Anderson
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2002
      I think we all want to give the others a chance to test gear if we have
      already tested a similar item. And in some cases, this is a good thing.
      The best course of action, if there is not an immediate surge of
      interest in an item, is to apply with a disclaimer that you would be
      interested in testing the item, but will pass if there are sufficient
      other applicants.

      Remember, you might not get the particular item that you REALLY, REALLY
      want. But if we are able to increast the number of test calls to 3 a
      week, from the one a week, you will likely get some of the gear you like
      within the year.

      We have a good lineup of winter gear, and Jerry hasn't even contacted
      some of the manufacturers yet. If we start getting enough takers with
      the next few items, look forward to gear coming out more often. If not,
      then it will stay at the one a week schedule.

      --
      David Anderson
      Moderator
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 4, 2002
        >Since I'm still fairly new to this group and applied
        >for my first test (the Gregory G Pack) just last week,
        >should I assume that I didn't get selected for the
        >test since I haven't gotten or seen any emails after
        >the submittal deadline regarding who was and wasn't
        >selected? Is this sort of stuff usually posted to the
        >group or sent to the individuals selected for testing?
        > Will I be notified even though I'm not selected?
        >
        >Thanks
        >Chris

        Normally I'll try to post a notice that the testers have been selected. The process
        sometimes takes a little while, but we try to get the word out as soon as we can.

        Ron