Owner Review Information Request

  • hawkeye6354
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi! I'm new member of the group and I'm anxious to starrt writing
      Owner Reviews. Before I do, I'd like some advice, probably from the
      moderators. As I sat down to think abouut grear reviews, several
      items that I own and use jumped to mind. I'll list them below and
      I'd ask for some advice as to which ones you'd like to see reviewed
      first. I think over time, I'll probably write reviews on all of
      these, but I'd appreciate some help in prioritzing them.

      2-Way Radios: Motorola Talkabout Model 250 or Model 6320.

      GPS: Garmin GPS-12

      Compass: Brunton Eclipse 8096 GPS

      Fixed Blade Knife: Randall Model 5 Camp and Trail

      Multi-tools: Leatherman (standard?) or Gerber Multiplier

      Stoves: Swedish Army Surplus Alcohol Stove (Trainga) and Mess Kit.

      I look for ward to some comments and advice.

      Monte
    • Jack Corrigan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
        I'm not a moderator, just a tester, but it is always advisable to start out with a basic item that you have a lot of experience. I would vote for the compass an fixed blade knife for starters.

        TEAM JackQuest
        Jack, Cyber and Drager
        www.jackquest.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
          Jack:

          Thanks for the comments. I'll bear them in mind!

          Monte

          --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Jack Corrigan" <k9sar@c...> wrote:
          > I'm not a moderator, just a tester, but it is always advisable to
          start out with a basic item that you have a lot of experience. I
          would vote for the compass an fixed blade knife for starters.

          > TEAM JackQuest
          > Jack, Cyber and Drager
          > www.jackquest.com

        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
            Hi Monte

            My suggestion is that you do your initial two owner's reviews on the two
            pieces of gear that you like best. Seems easier to write about stuff that
            you are really keen on.

            All the best and welcome to the group.

            Regards
            Andrew
            List Monitor

            --
            * - Aushiker - http://aushiker.com - Comprehensive resource site on hiking
            in Western Australia.

            Quote of the Week: "Presenting anecdotal evidence as proof is saying, 'I
            played Russian roulette and lived, so it must be safe." - Unknown