EDIT - JAMIE - Re: [BackpackGearTest] OWNER REVIEW - Motorola FR50 2-way Radio

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
      Thanks Andrew. I'll fix that. Should I then resubmit it here for
      more editing or just wait until I can upload it in the folder?

      Jamie in AZ

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org - the
      > most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.
      >
      > Quote of the Week: "Presenting anecdotal evidence as proof is
      saying, 'I
      > played Russian roulette and lived, so it must be safe." - Unknown

    • Graham Blamey
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
        --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Jamie" <jdeben@h...> wrote:
        > Owner Review of Motorola FR50 2-way radio

        Jamie, interesting review. I have a pair of radios similar to these
        but cheaper plastic casing, which we use when we do field work, but
        I've never used them while backpacking as we don't hike with a group.
        I can see how they would be useful in that situation though. Mine are
        very light so I find it hard to believe that each of yours weighs
        more than my 2person tent ?

        > Weight with batteries 6 lbs. 7 oz (2.92 Kilograms)

        do you mean 6.6 ozs (187 g )
        :-) Graham
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
          Hi Jamie

          There should be no need to re-post your review. When you are ready please
          upload to
          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Communication_Gear/Two-way_Radios/Motorola_FR50.

          Thanks
          Andrew
          List Monitor

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
            Oh my gosh Graham. Thanks so much for catching that. YEs is that is
            exactly what I ment. 6.7 oz. Other than sleep dreprivation, I can't
            figure out how I botched that on so well.

            Thanks again,
            Jamie in AZ