Life-Link Poles

  • hhloth@msn.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      For anyone who has used poles from Life-Link or who has an opinion about self arrest grips.

      I'm thinking of getting the Life-Link Variant Approach Pole w/probe and w/self arrest grip but have a couple of questions and misgivings. How well does the locking mechanism work? How well do the poles resist bending or breaking? Has anyone employed the self arrest claw (Ramer) and can tell me how sturdy it is, I think it's plastic and I'm assuming it doesn't have a breakaway strap? Also how quickly and easily does the probe assemble? Any complaints about customer service?

      I'd love to hear from someone who has an opinion about the usefulness/liability of self arrest grips.

      Helen