ATTN: Other Female Testers

  • Royalepain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2002
      Not only do we need more testers in general, but we really need more female
      testers. I'm not sure how many of us girls are active in applying for tests,
      but I think it's under a dozen.

      Just about every test strives for a mix of male and female. If your
      chromosones read XX instead of XY the last time you checked, you have an even
      better chance of getting free gear then the men do. So what are you waiting
      for?

      At first, I was scared to apply. The whole Survival Guide really intimidated
      me. Everybody on the list seemed to have so much more experience than I did.
      I was really unsure of my writing skills. Would I be good enough to get free
      gear? My worries were groundless. So far, I've received everything I've
      applied for.

      Get your two owners reviews in and start testing gear! The reviews don't have
      to be on big items - for instance, I just reviewed a titanium spork. If you
      don't know where to start, this month's suggested owner review topic is
      personal hygiene.

      You have nothing to loose, and a lot to gain. So what are you waiting for?
      :-)

      Jerry - maybe to encourage other females to get into the testing pool, you
      could tell the moderators to approve me for testing the Black Diamond poles.
      Then newbies would see how wonderful and nice this list really is, and get
      active in it. :-)

      Heather

      Heather Martin
      http://heathershikinghiatus.homestead.com/
      http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/HeathersHouse.html
      http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/

    • Chief Moderator
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2002
        Niiccee try, girl......lol. I've done everything I can think of the
        encourage female testers. I have required the Moderators to have at
        least one female in each test group. As you have pointed out, this
        certainly greatly increases your odds of getting an item. BTW, the
        Moderators will make their selections as usual.... ;o)
        Jerry

        http://www.BackpackGearTest.org <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> :
        the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        066005:HM/A=1327986/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870027;7586687;a
        ?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1327986/rand=617282918>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Not only do we need more testers in general, but we really
          need more female testers. >>>>>>>>>>>>

          Did I miss a test call? Where do I apply?

          :-)

          (Sorry for the off topic humor... but it was a long Thanksgiving, what with
          relatives everywhere, for days on end.)