Brasslite Solo cookstove test

  • George McFly
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002
      Info
      Name: Toby Kraft
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male ;)
      Height: 5'10"
      Weight: 195 lbs
      Stomping Grounds: San Francisco Bay Area, Ventana wilderness, Tahoe/Sierra
      region (soon to be cold again!)
      Hiking: Since a wee lad
      Backpacking: 6 years (new convert to lightweight)
      email:O_chemist@...

      I have read the Survival Guide and will comply with all requirements.

      So I am getting quite the little ultralight kit going. I have even built a
      few stoves myself. Trouble is, I am pretty much tired of spending a bunch
      of time building a stove and then finding out the stars weren't aligned
      correctly that day. My stove results have been unpredictable at best. I
      would like to test the Brasslite because I want to try a "manufactured"
      alcohol stove that obtains predictable results. I am aware of all the
      vagaries of alcohol, but I am willing to undergo those problems for the
      simplicity and universality of alcohol on the trail. Plus, I eventually
      plan to do some sort of through hike and would love to have the experience
      of alcohol stoves well in hand. The Brasslite looks like a good item, and
      well made. I love well-made gear.

      I hope to take the stove on several overnighters and one or two long trips
      as part of my ultralight kit. Probably test the stove in some inclement
      weather too!

      Review links:
      Tests

      Just starting:
      Backpacker's Pantry foods

      Granite Gear Virga backpack
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/Frameless%20Packs%20&%20Day%20
      Packs/Granite%20Gear%20Virga/Toby%20Kraft/

      Underway:
      Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker Asymmetrical
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/Hennessy%20Asymmet
      ric%20Hammock/Toby%20Kraft/

      Birdiepal Outdoor
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Rain%20Gear/Birdiepal%20Outdoor%20Um