EDIT - Re: RON - Pac-Flat Backpacker's Barbecue Grill

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
      Hi Ron

      Not sure if you have had a editorial review of your report or note. If you
      have and there is nothing new here, please just ignore me.

      Cheers
      Andrew

      At 04:43 AM 19/09/2002, you wrote:
      >INITIAL COOKING TRIAL
      >
      >My first time flipping the burger send the grill and burger flying;
      >after that I learned to steady the grill during the flips.

      # I think "send" should be "sent" in this sentence.

      >The burgers produced much less grease and splatter than I expected - due
      >to the even cooking of heat distributor, most of the meat's juices were
      >locked inside, making the burgers quite tasty when it came time for
      >quality testing.

      # I think you need a "the" between "of [and] heat distributor" in the
      sentence above, i.e., it should read "due to the even cooking of THE heat
      distributor, most of the meat's ... "

      >INITIAL CLEANING
      >
      >Attempts to used a paper towel to brush off the residue were
      >unsuccessful.

      # I suggest you change "used" to "use" in the above sentence.

      >FIELD TESTS
      >
      >On the other hand, a wind screen which surrounded the grill and was
      >high to shield both the stove and grill together directed heat so well
      >that we needed to be very careful to not burn things.

      # I suggest you include the word "enough" between "high AND to" in the
      above sentence, i.e., "... an was high ENOUGH to shield both the stove and
      the grill ..."

      --
      Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.com

      Group Monitor: BackpackGearTest - http://www.backpackgeartest.org

    • Ron Martino
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
        10/2/02 3:55:05 AM, Andrew Priest <apriest@...> wrote:

        >Hi Ron
        >
        >Not sure if you have had a editorial review of your report or note. If you
        >have and there is nothing new here, please just ignore me.
        >
        >Cheers
        >Andrew

        Good grief. Some of this stuff is left over from my initial report. Something else to get fixed...

        Ron