Application to test the Black Diamond MegaLight

  • petroglyphcanyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2002
      This is my application to test the Black Diamond MegaLight tarp. I
      felt that I missed out when the Go-Light Hex graced the other testers
      packs. Oh no, not another year with my VE-25. But then I blew out my
      knee and didn't go very far anyway. I do have 2 ski mountaineering
      trips planed for this winter.... Please pick me.

      PERSONAL DATA:
      Scott Fox, Male, 46 years old, 6' tall, 200 pounds, Chula Vista,
      California
      email: petroglyphcanyon@y... September 30, 2002

      EXPERIENCE:

      Backpacking since 1969, countless trips in high country both in
      California and Colorado. Experience with external and internal frame
      backpacks and rucksacks. Field of operations is usually 10,000 feet
      and above. Summer experience in the desert and winter experience
      above 13,000 feet including snow caves. Participate in river and flat
      water kayaking, backpacking, day trips, ski mountaineering, technical
      ice covered routes and climbing. Numerous multi-day trips summer and
      winter in all climates. Usually my trips will have some adverse
      weather involved including high winds, driving rain and hail and
      snow, sometimes all in the same trip.

      TEST PLAN:

      Now for why I would like to test the Black Diamond MegaLight … This
      will be my only tentfor the next year , take it every where use it
      everytrip, regardless of weather. I will stuff it into my kayak for
      several trips and start putting it through its paces when the snow
      falls.

      While my test plan may sound extreme, I have to admit that I value my
      gear and pick it with the eye toward durability. Durability should
      not be an issue with the Black Diamond MegaLight anymore than the
      other tents that I have put put through the same treatment. I don't
      have any reason to think that I am asking too much.

      Backpack Gear Test Member since September 2001 all reports submitted
      on time, without need for changes.

      ****ALL PREVIOUS REPORTS UPDATED TO CURRENT STANDARDS***

      PRIOR TEST SERIES
      Pack – Flat Grill
      Lazer Bright Flash Light
      Maptech Terrain Navigator

      OWNER REVIEWS
      MSR Whisperlight International
      MSR Mini Works

      MONITOR
      Red Ledge Voyager rain gear test series.
      Soltec Cook Sack

      LINKS TO PREVIOUS REPORTS

      Pack – Flat Grill Initial report
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Cooking%
      Accessories/PAC-FLAT%20Backpackers%20Grill/Scott%20Fox/Pack%20Flat%
      20Initial%20Test%20Report/

      Pack – Flat Grill Field Report
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Cooking%
      Accessories/PAC-FLAT%20Backpackers%20Grill/Scott%20Fox/Pack%20Flat%
      20Field%20Report/

      Pack – Flat Grill Long Term report
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Cooking%
      20Accessories/PAC-FLAT%20Backpackers%20Grill/Scott%20Fox/PACK-FLAT%
      20LONG%20TERM%20REPORT/

      Maptech Terrain Navigator Initial report
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Software/Maptech%20Terrain%
      20Navigator%202001/Scott%20Fox/Maptech%20initial%20report/

      Maptech Terrain Navigator Field Report
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Software/Maptech%20Terrain%
      20Navigator%202001/Scott%20Fox/Maptech%20field%20report/

      Maptech Terrain Navigator Long Term Report
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Software/Maptech%20Terrain%
      20Navigator%202001/Scott%20Fox/Maptech%20final%20report/

      OWNER REVIEWS:

      MSR Whisperlight International Owner Review
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Stoves/MSR%
      20Whisperlite%20International/MSR%20Whisperlight%20International%
      20Scott%20Fox/

      MSR Mini Works Owner Review
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Water%20Treatment/MSR%20Mini%
      20Works/MSR%20Mini%20Works%20Scott%20Fox/

      MONITOR -- Red Ledge Voyager rain gear test series.
      MONITOR – Soltec Cook Sack

      All monitor reports submitted on time.

      Final considerations: I don't apply for many of the tests, in that I
      have parallel gear or the gear does not meet my needs. I am not
      trying to fill my garage, only my pack... My definition
      of backpacking and climbing is narrow and fairly extreme. I don't do
      a lot of car-camping, desert or moist country. Black Diamond
      MegaLight fits my definition of gear that fits my style of
      backpacking. . I can promise a thorough review of all its intended
      and advertised capabilities. Finally a review of my prior reports
      will confirm thatI am normally able to write in English.

      I have read, understood and will comply with the reporting
      requirements.

      Thank you, Scott