Revised MegaLight app

  • ljo@midmaine.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2002
      Sorry about that, I pasted the uneditted version! Leesa

      Black Diamond MegaLight Tester Application

      http://www.bdel.com/

      Leesa Joiner
      LjoATmidmaine.com
      Southwestern Maine
      9/30/02
      Female
      40 years old
      150 pounds
      5� 7�

      Background
      I have hiked since I was about 6 years old both with my father
      and in Girl Scouts. As part of a new backpacking group at work,
      I will be doing overnight trips throughout the fall and into the
      winter. As a family we tent camp, hike and canoe. I cross
      country ski and backpack with friends. Most of my �adventures�
      are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Northeastern Ohio and
      Western Pennsylvania. I enjoy cooking and eating, both on and
      off the trail. Carrying extra food related items is making it
      necessary to lighten the other items in my pack.

      Test Plan
      During the fall and into winter I will be doing at least 4 overnight
      backpacking trips. These will occur in Northern Maine and
      Vermont. On average, night temperatures will range from 0-45
      degrees F. Elevations will most likely remain below 3500ft.
      Most of the terrain is rocky, with some steep climbs. For the
      most part, I stick to easy to moderate level trails. I am currently
      working with a group to arrange an overnight cross country ski
      trip. It would be a great opportunity to try the MegaLight in the
      snow. Early spring includes a trip to Western Pennsylvania,
      which will give me a chance to try the MegaLight in (hopefully)
      warmer weather.

      I would test the MegaLight with an eye toward:
      - Durability-how well is it made?
      -Weatherproofness- does it block the wind and rain?,
      - Compactness- does it fit in my pack and not add too much
      weight?
      - Set up- can I set it up quickly and without a hassle? If I am wet
      and need to change clothes, I want to do it quickly.

      Current Tests
      Red Ledge Rain Gear
      Bible Winter Bivy
      Hennessy Asym Hammock
      Travel Mate
      Granite Gear Pack-Virga

      Links to Owner Reviews

      Field Guide-Edible Wild Plants
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Books/Plant
      Guides/Plant Guide- Edible Wild Plants

      Dehydrator
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Food Preparation
      Gear/Excaliber 2900 Dehydrator/Owner Revied

      Links to Recent Reports
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/
      Hennessy Asymmetric Hammock/Leesa Joiner

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Personal
      Hygiene/TravelMate Urinary Products/Leesa Joiner

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Rain Gear/Red Ledge
      Voyager/Leesa Joiner

      I have read the �Survival Guide� (9/30/02) and agree to the
      requirements and will submit reports in a timely manner.