RE: [BackpackGearTest] Owners Report Thermachron iButton Temperature Sensor

  • Marge Prothman
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
      Hey Carol,
      Boy, when you come on board, you really come on board. Great to see you.
      I thought this was a great report and something I did not know about.
      Enjoyed your other two owner reports.
      Cheers, Marge (the old gal)

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
        Carol

        That was a Fun report. I did spot one mistake and a possible "needs
        clarification. Plus I added a comment or two.

        --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Carol Crooker" <cmcrooker@w...> wrote:
        > Owner Review of Thermachron iButton Temperature Sensor
        >

        > Each iButton lasts about 10 years.

        Comment: I assume the batterie is non-replaceable

        > It can be dropped on, stepped on and you can swim with it.

        Take out on after dropped.

        > Field Testing
        > I tested the iButton at home, in the freezer and refrigerator and
        in various rooms in the house and on day hikes. In fact, I was able
        to solve a family argument. My step-son was continually complaining
        about how his room was hotter and more uncomfortable than his
        sister's. Using the Thermachron iButton, I was able to prove, with
        a graph even, that temperatures in his room overnight were no hotter
        than in his sister's room. Chalk one up for science!

        Cool: I need to get one to solve the same argument myself. My kids
        sleep upstaires with small window airconditioners and keep setting
        them very cold. When I go to thier rooms I need a jacket, then I
        fuss about the power bill. To better understand I hang out our
        clothes instead of using the dryer.

        > The starter kit was only $25.

        Suggestion only: Since you include this info you might consider
        adding it ti the Product Info as MSRP

        > It would be great o be able to see what the overnight low
        was "real time", the next morning.

        Suggestion only: Take out quotation around real time and add in
        before
      • starnescr
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
          As usual I missed the obivious. Add this to my edit. o should be to

          CB

          > > It would be great o be able to see what the overnight low
          > was "real time", the next morning.
          >
          > Suggestion only: Take out quotation around real time and add in
          > before
        • Rebecca
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
            What a cool little gadget!

            How much did you pay for it? What kind of store could I find them in?

            Rebecca

          • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
              Ah yes... those two little debatable items. Should they or shouldn't they
              be in a report... :-)
              (Rhetorical question. This has been thoroughly discussed.)

              -James T.

              "Rebecca"
              <europa1057@yahoo To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
              .com> cc:
              Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Owners Report Thermachron iButton Temperature Sensor
              09/30/2002 12:34
              PM
              Please respond to
              BackpackGearTest

              What a cool little gadget!

              How much did you pay for it? What kind of store could I find them in?

              Rebecca

              --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Carol Crooker" <cmcrooker@w...> wrote:
              > Owner Review of Thermachron iButton Temperature Sensor

            • cmcrooker
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                Great, thanks. I'll make the changes except I want to be even more
                clear on that last statement...
                > > It would be great o be able to see what the overnight low
                > was "real time", the next morning.
                >
                > Suggestion only: Take out quotation around real time and add in
                > before

                I'd like to write instead, "It would be great to be able to see what
                the overnight low was in the field, without having to take the
                iButton to a computer to access this information. In other words, I
                wish the iButton had a readout display right on the tiny can! One
                can only dream."

                How does that sound?
                Carol Crooker
                Transformation Coach

                From: "starnescr" <cstarnes@n...>
                Date: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:54 am
                Subject: EDIT Re: Owners Report Thermachron iButton Temperature
                Sensor
              • cmcrooker
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002

                  From: "starnescr" <cstarnes@n...>
                  Date: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:54 am
                  Sensor
                • David Anderson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                    jetriple@... writes:

                    > Ah yes... those two little debatable items. Should they or shouldn't they
                    > be in a report... :-)
                    > (Rhetorical question. This has been thoroughly discussed.)
                    >
                    > -James T.

                    In reports, MSRP yes, store no.

                    On the list, what you paid and where you bought it is just fine.

                    Dave
                  • cmcrooker
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                      Rebecca,
                      The kit that has everythig you need is $25 plus shipping. You can
                      only get in online at www.ibutton.com
                      Carol Crooker
                      Transformation Coach

                      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Rebecca" <europa1057@y...> wrote:
                      > What a cool little gadget!
                      >
                      > How much did you pay for it? What kind of store could I find them
                      in?

                      > Rebecca
                      >
                      > --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Carol Crooker" <cmcrooker@w...>
                      wrote:
                      > > Owner Review of Thermachron iButton Temperature Sensor

                    • dawnhark
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
                        I think the iButton itself is a whopping $6.76. When you add in the
                        other stuff you need, it's closer to $29.00.

                        This is based on a quikie peek at the site, YMMV.

                        Lovely toy, practical too. But if I can swing 30 bucks, I can usually
                        talk myself into quite a bit more for a better item, like that
                        anenometer/temp/etc thingy we looked at awhile back, IIRC it was in
                        the 80$ range, forget what it was called...

                        Dawn