Re: [backpackgeartest] Re: Seychelle Filter test

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
      From: Gerry Gladu
      To: backpackgeartest@egroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 12:33 PM
      Subject: [backpackgeartest] Re: Seychelle Filter test

      Maybe we need a minimum turn-around time on the test reports to
      qualify?

      This was a test of the tests. I hate to put a minimum time limit as there is no real way to inforce it and I'd like this list to be self-running as much as possible.

      I hope your recovery is going well...

      Well, I can walk now....good first step. Sorry, couldn't help it...=o). I tore, among other things, my left peck. It has healed enough that it only hurts to laugh, not breath. Good, very good. Right ankle and left knee are different matters.

      ...but I'm not letting you off of the hook either. Fill your
      hydration system with water and hang it above the La-Z-Boy. :-)

      I did quite a bit of testing before the accident. I had no problems with the unit or assembling it. I did have a problem with the first one I got. I damaged the O ring by not paying attention to what I was doing. The unit didn't leak around the seal in spite of that. I also have the latest SWA but preferred the Seychelle for its self starting and faster flow rate. The back flow feature is also a big plus.

      PS - Is there a way to archive the tester profiles as well as the
      various test results in an accessible file directory?

      Not that I can see. I emailed egroups for help on this. If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.
      Jerry

    • Gear Tester
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
          I have one of the test filters, and I have had a lot of the same experiences
          with it that many of the other testers have had, and I wasn't sure if I
          needed to repeat the same information all over again. I had all the same
          complaints (I'm sure the list readers could probably recite them in their
          sleep by now)--no instructions, unsure how to put together, screwed in rather
          crooked, didn't pass dye test. And I had all the same compliments too--very
          fast filter rate, easy to use, lightweight. I could retype this all up into
          some sort of format for an archive, if that would be a good idea. Let me know.
          Jenn
          >^,,^<
        • Gear Tester
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
            some sort of format for an archive, if that would be a good idea. Let me know.
            Jenn
            >^,,^<

            I would appreciate it. It makes it much easier to understand when we can read each testers reaction to the item being tested. All testers should respond with their own observations, even if they match everyone elses.
            Thanks,
            Jerry