Seychelle Filter test

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
      I was hoping for more test responses than we've gotten so far. Maybe I'm just worrying too soon. It will be difficult to get manufacturers on board with out a fair volume of traffic. I'd have more to say about the filter myself but I was hit by a Suburban 2 weeks ago. As I was on my bicycle, I lost the contest. Looks like it will be a few more weeks before I'll be walking well so no trips for a bit.
      Jerry

    • Gerry Gladu
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
        "Gear Tester" <geartester@h...> wrote:

        >I was hoping for more test responses than we've gotten so far.
        >Maybe I'm just worrying too soon.

        It took me a couple of weeks before I could get around to field
        testing the Seychelle, myself. Not everyone gets out frequently
        enough. But that's no excuse for not testing. Attach it to your
        hydration unit and test it during your work commute. :-)

        Maybe we need a minimum turn-around time on the test reports to
        qualify?

        >I'd have more to say about the filter myself but I was hit by a
        >Suburban 2 weeks ago.

        I hope your recovery is going well...

        >Looks like it will be a few more weeks before I'll be walking well
        >so no trips for a bit.

        ...but I'm not letting you off of the hook either. Fill your
        hydration system with water and hang it above the La-Z-Boy. :-)

        Gerry

        PS - Is there a way to archive the tester profiles as well as the
        various test results in an accessible file directory?
      • Larry Hillberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
          Jerry
          Sorry to hear of your injuries. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
          Helen
        • Gear Tester
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
            Maybe we need a minimum turn-around time on the test reports to
            qualify?

            This was a test of the tests. I hate to put a minimum time limit as there is no real way to inforce it and I'd like this list to be self-running as much as possible.

            I hope your recovery is going well...

            Well, I can walk now....good first step. Sorry, couldn't help it...=o). I tore, among other things, my left peck. It has healed enough that it only hurts to laugh, not breath. Good, very good. Right ankle and left knee are different matters.

            ...but I'm not letting you off of the hook either. Fill your
            hydration system with water and hang it above the La-Z-Boy. :-)

            I did quite a bit of testing before the accident. I had no problems with the unit or assembling it. I did have a problem with the first one I got. I damaged the O ring by not paying attention to what I was doing. The unit didn't leak around the seal in spite of that. I also have the latest SWA but preferred the Seychelle for its self starting and faster flow rate. The back flow feature is also a big plus.

            PS - Is there a way to archive the tester profiles as well as the
            various test results in an accessible file directory?

            Not that I can see. I emailed egroups for help on this. If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.
            Jerry

          • Gear Tester
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
                I have one of the test filters, and I have had a lot of the same experiences
                with it that many of the other testers have had, and I wasn't sure if I
                needed to repeat the same information all over again. I had all the same
                complaints (I'm sure the list readers could probably recite them in their
                sleep by now)--no instructions, unsure how to put together, screwed in rather
                crooked, didn't pass dye test. And I had all the same compliments too--very
                fast filter rate, easy to use, lightweight. I could retype this all up into
                some sort of format for an archive, if that would be a good idea. Let me know.
                Jenn
                >^,,^<
              • Gear Tester
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 6, 2000
                  some sort of format for an archive, if that would be a good idea. Let me know.
                  Jenn
                  >^,,^<

                  I would appreciate it. It makes it much easier to understand when we can read each testers reaction to the item being tested. All testers should respond with their own observations, even if they match everyone elses.
                  Thanks,
                  Jerry