All Done

  • hhloth@msn.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 8:31 AM
      Hi Everyone,

      All the files are now copied to BGT - we may have missed one or two or messed up on a couple but fro all practical purposes the move is complete. A few files had photos cropped or non-working photo links removed but the vast majority of the files are exactly as they appeared on Yahoo.

      Everyone who copied over their own files, thank you. Those of you who were unable to copy them or we beat you to it, all you have to do is ask for your files to be put in your name. In no case will the fact that any files were originally copied by someone else influence the selection of testers (just request to have the name changed to yours).

      Sometimes it seems we throw a lot of hurdles in the way of the testers - now that we are moved, everyone who ever filed a report starts with a clean slate (except for those who failed to complete a test series). Now, we can concentrate on testing gear instead of our tempers when faced with yet another round of file change requests, or even worse, discovering too late that a message was missed that made us ineligible to test. That is a thing of the past thanks to the new site - hopefully not famous last words.

      I encourage every tester, past or present, to go to http://www.backpackgeartest.org/ and register, if you haven't already.

      Helen

      PS If anyone prefers to upload their own files for any reason, you may, just ask for the ones out there to be deleted after you've uploaded your version.

    • Marge Prothman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 9:18 AM
        Helen and all the others who did all the work on the transfers.

        Good Job, well done, thanks for your patience.

        cheers, Marge

        All the files are now copied to BGT - we may have missed one or two or messed up on a couple but fro all practical purposes the move is complete. A few files had photos cropped or non-working photo links removed but the vast majority of the files are exactly as they appeared on Yahoo.
      • Michael Wheiler
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 9:36 AM
          I know it was important to get all the reports transferred over to the new
          site. Thanks for all the work Helen.

          Mike