Re: [BackpackGearTest] backpacking food....

  • JimSabis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
      In a message dated 8/31/2002 9:58:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, wsm311@...
      writes:

      > got any favorite food books I should have included here?

      Wendy,

      Please feel free to forward any recipe suggestions! I also like to come up
      with unique and tasty meals for trail dinners and breakfasts. The trick is
      how to go gourmet while remaining reasonably light. Knowing the importance of
      food (wonderful food!) to backpackers, I suspect you will find a receptive
      audience here. There are currently some product tests beginning on various
      pre-made trail meals, so watch for posts.

      Here is one book missing from your list: 'Gorp, Glop & Glue Stew' by Yvonne
      Prater and Ruth Dyar Mendenhall. It is not a 'gourmet' trail cookbook, but a
      collection of favorite recipes from a large number outdoor experts. The
      highlight is each contributor also gives a story to precede the recipe
      suggestion. It makes for a great read.

      Jim S.