RE: EDIT Template?

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30, 2002
      Okay. Just what do you mean by "template?" In general use, I
      think of it as meaning an empty example of the desired
      document. That is, it would be an outline that showed the
      required parts and their order. The outline would be
      formatted to illustrate the desired formatting of the target
      document.

      Are we saying the same thing when we say "template?"

      I understand your desire to avoid a mind-numbing sameness to
      the reportage, but a template of each type of report would
      be a helpful starting point for the authors.

      Bear
    • Chief Moderator
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30, 2002
        Not in the sense you mean, I imagine. I guess it would be closer to a
        check list. You'll have certain things you have to cover in both your
        header and the body of the report. This would change, somewhat, for
        different items. To take packs for an example, you'd have a section on
        Hipbelt that would have the points of fit (compare how your usual size,
        say usually "Medium" works with the manufacturers size Medium, any
        pockets, how wide is it, padding (thickness), etc. This would be carried
        through the whole pack (Lid, Body, Side Pockets, Shoulder Straps, etc.)
        to give all of us a baseline. You would just take these points and flesh
        your report out.
        Jerry

        http://www.BackpackGearTest.org <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> :
        the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

        Okay. Just what do you mean by "template?" In general use, I
        think of it as meaning an empty example of the desired
        document. That is, it would be an outline that showed the
        required parts and their order. The outline would be
        formatted to illustrate the desired formatting of the target
        document.

        Are we saying the same thing when we say "template?"

        I understand your desire to avoid a mind-numbing sameness to
        the reportage, but a template of each type of report would
        be a helpful starting point for the authors.

        Bear

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        066005:HM/A=1182688/R=0/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039