Superfeet Longterm Report (overdue, sorry!)

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      Tester Specifics
      Name: Rachel Herold
      Size: 5'0", `118lbs
      Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
      Email: rherold@...

      Gear Specifics:
      Name: Superfeet Insoles
      Model: Quick Fit System, Everyday Custom
      Size: C
      Website: www.superfeet.com

      As I mentioned in my previous reports, I have had trouble getting these
      insoles to fit any of my footware.
      I attempted to put them in my ski boots but they wouldn't fit. I attempted
      to put them in my tennis shoes (running shoes) but they wouldn't fit.

      I now have them in my motorcycle boots, which are a bit loose, and the
      insoles take up the extra space there well. Because i am not walking in
      thse boots a whole lot, the insoles seem comfortable providing a cradle, as
      it were, for my feet.

      Issues:
      There are actually two issues. The first was that the arch area of the
      insole doesn't fit my foot very well as my arch is much further forward than
      the arch on the insole.
      The second issue is that I have a "duck" foot. I have a very very narrow
      heel and a rather wide forefoot (hey, at least I have good balance).
      In order for me to get a shoe that doesn't slop around uncomfortably on my
      foot I buy shoes that have more of a "duck" shape, that is, a narrow heel
      and a wide forefoot.
      The insoles just don't seem to work in the shoes I wear. If I try a shoe
      that the insoles fit in then my heel has too much slip for the shoe to not
      cause blistering and other assorted painful issues.

      I do apologize for not being able to give a much more detailed report but
      the fact is, these insoles just don't fit my feet. I didn't realize that I
      had such "odd" shaped feet but it does explain a lot of the trouble I've
      always had finding shoes that fit.
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
        Hi Rachel

        Thanks for getting your final report. I only picked on possible spelling
        error. A quick check of the dictionaries at http://www.onelook.com/ would
        suggest that "footwear" is a more correct spelling that "footware." Also
        you report needs a heading ... Once finalised, please upload to
        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Footwear/Superfeet%20Quick%20Fit%20Everyday/Rachel%20Herold
        (if not already done so).

        Thanks
        Andrew