Re: [BackpackGearTest] Some response

  • GearTester
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 3 8:20 AM
      Oh, you can call me Jack....I just won't post my phone number in a public forum, any more than I would have any other tester post theirs. I'd call them but this is a non-profit list and I live on a fixed income. The long distance bills for the calls to manufacturers is bad enough. I just can't afford it. The only workable course I can see is for the person with the computer problems to get temporary use of someone else's computer and send an email to geartester@... , with any return address on it, explaining who they are and what is happening. That's what Jerome Smith did when he had computer problems. Unfortunately, that's all he did. I still don't know what the status of his Lowe Ophir pack is. I'm sure will have difficulties. I just don't see a way around it.
      Jerry
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 3 12:45 PM
        --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Jack Voss" <vossj@m...> wrote:
        > ----- Original Message ----- From: Jack Voss to:
        > Jerry,
        >
        > Here's another approach. My report for receiving the Pristine is
        late because of computer crash. So far as I know, e-mail is the only
        avenue I have to notify you of such difficulties. Is there an
        alternate way you would like testers to contact you in these cases?
        > Jerry's response:
        > Not really. Email is the only way I know.
        > Jerry
        >
        > My follow-up:
        >
        > Jerry,
        >
        > Then, when a tester has an e-mail difficulty, you can't call them
        and they can't call you? This situation seems pre-loaded to have
        difficulties if there is no back-up mode. There must be a piece of
        the puzzle I'm not seeing here. Earlier you were mentioning
        telephone. Surely, we could call you?

        > Jack

        Jack,

        Here's a link that allows you to send a voice attachment via email
        from a Yahoo account, using your phone. Obviously you can't file
        reports this way, but a short message telling of your computer
        problems should suffice.

        http://phone.yahoo.com/yums/tour?p=2

        -Rob
      • Patrick Miller
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 4 12:03 PM
          There are FREE 800-number services on the net. Try
          mail.computercurrents.com to get a FREE 800-number that lands in a
          voice-mail box. This way, you don't get disturbed during dinner -
          and it is web-based so you don't have to worry about your own
          computer crashing (you can check it from any computer with an
          internet connex)...

          Just a suggestion...
          the_weigh

        • Elkpony@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 5 12:49 PM
            all the libraries have a computer you can use and get on line so what is the
            problem ?
          • Gull Family
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 5 8:54 PM
              I don't know if this defeats the purpose of testing, but if we never hear from this individual ever again I might be able to temporarily lend my troops pack to a friend for evaluation. He isn't a member of this group but is qualified to give a informed report. If I can help please let me know
              Thanks
              Larry

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 6 5:06 AM
                Thanks for the offer but all Lowe tests are back on schedule.
                Jerry