RE: [BackpackGearTest] Repair a Zipper

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2002
      > Good news Shane, pinching the slider has cured
      > the problem...I hope.

      Cool.

      > A stupid question, when I lubricate the zipper,
      > does any kind of bar soap work and do I lubricate
      > the closed zipper or the teeth on both sides with
      > the zipper open?

      I like to use Ivory when I use soap. Plain white candle wax
      works wonderfully. Beeswax is a little sticky. Close the
      zipper and run the soap or the wax along it a few times.
      Don't cake it up, just use a little. A hair dryer will
      soften the wax a little without melting it.

      Shane
    • Kraft, Toby
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
        Plain paraffin that they sell in the canning section of the grocery store is
        perfect! It is also great for lubricating wood-on-wood sliders like in old
        cabinet drawers and sliding cabinet doors. Plus you can do canning, your
        own candles.....
        -Toby K.

      • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
          We always used birthday candles growing up. The size and shape lend
          themselves well to applying to a zipper.

          -James T.

          "Kraft, Toby" <tkraft@...> on 08/06/2002 09:09:08 AM

          Please respond to BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com

          To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com