How many?

  • Chief Moderator
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
      I need volunteers to count our reports. I need to know how many reports
      we have. I would like to know how many DIFFERENT items have been
      reported on. I also like to know how many different manufacturers we've
      reported on. Any and all reports count as one.
      Jerry

    • David Anderson
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
        Do you want it broken down by owner reports/test reports?

        And no, this question does not mean I'm volunteering;-)

        Dave

        Chief Moderator writes:

        > I need volunteers to count our reports. I need to know how many reports
        > we have. I would like to know how many DIFFERENT items have been
        > reported on. I also like to know how many different manufacturers we've
        > reported on. Any and all reports count as one.
        > Jerry

        > interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

        > Will You Find True Love?
        > Will You Meet the One?
        > Free Love Reading by phone!
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/it_ffB/R_ZEAA/Ey.GAA/V4TolB/TM

      • Chief Moderator
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
          I'll take what I can get. If they want to take the time to do that,
          fine. If not, no problem. I just need to know how many we have. The more
          detail I get the better, but something is better than nothing. I need it
          by late Wednesday night...
          Jerry

          Chief Moderator writes:

          > I need volunteers to count our reports. I need to know how many
          reports
          > we have. I would like to know how many DIFFERENT items have been
          > reported on. I also like to know how many different manufacturers
          we've
          > reported on. Any and all reports count as one.
          > Jerry

          comprehensive
          > interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231082.2241208.3680483.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          066005:HM/A=1165770/R=0/*https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/yh/cpm/egr/300_g2_0
          1/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Jack Corrigan
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
            Do you want independent counts of everything or are you going to divide, assign and conquer by category? Getting ready to call it a night here on the east coast so I can start tomorrow with an assignment.

            TEAM JackQuest
            Jack, Cyber & Drager
            www.jackquest.com

          • Mara Factor
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
              This was pretty easy to do last time... Check out the database for the info
              I gathered for Jerry for the last show. As a matter of fact, I was hoping
              to do the counts again, but I have a funeral to go to tomorrow and may not
              have enough time on Wednesday. Also, I've got an RSI bothering me in my
              right hand wrist (too much typing/mousing?) and I'm trying to slow down my
              computer usage a bit.

              If this will help, I was planning on exporting the current database,
              bringing it into a spreadsheet, and just recounting the old stuff and adding
              the new stuff. If someone manages to get that far (see old format), I can
              run whatever stats we want on Wednesday (see manufacturer database).

              Mara

              P.S. I believe we counted all reports individually last time. That is,
              initial, field test, and long term reports were counted as three reports.
              It would be interesting to see the difference in numbers when counted one
              way vs the other.... just food for thought. -MF

              >From: "David Anderson" <squtch@...>
              >Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:54:01 GMT
              >
              >Do you want it broken down by owner reports/test reports?
              >
              >And no, this question does not mean I'm volunteering;-)
              >
              >Dave
              >

              >Chief Moderator writes:
              >
              > > I need volunteers to count our reports. I need to know how many reports
              > > we have. I would like to know how many DIFFERENT items have been
              > > reported on. I also like to know how many different manufacturers we've
              > > reported on. Any and all reports count as one.
              > > Jerry

            • europa1057
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
                Hi Jerry,

                I'd be happy to try and organize this information for you. It's a
                slow week at work and I need something to do. =)

                Do you want this information in the form of an Excel spreadsheet?
                Text document? Handwritten calligraphy? (in this last case, I would
                have to pass on the task)

                Rebecca

                --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Chief Moderator"

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
                  How ever I can get it. I can handle Excel, Access, text, what ever is
                  convenient.

                  <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:
                  > I need volunteers to count our reports. I need to know how many
                  reports
                  > we have. I would like to know how many DIFFERENT items have been
                  > reported on. I also like to know how many different manufacturers
                  we've
                  > reported on. Any and all reports count as one.
                  > Jerry

                  comprehensive
                  > interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet.

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                  066005:HM/A=1182690/R=0/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039
                  -336>

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
                    Got it. It's pretty easy to throw together into an Excel
                    spreadsheet, I've already started.

                    You know, it's kind of fun. There are a whole lot of reviews buried
                    in the files section that I haven't read yet. =)

                    I'll send it to you when I'm done, probably sometime tomorrow.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
                      Outstanding! Thank you, ma'am.
                      Jerry