EDIT: Re: [BackpackGearTest] ULA-Equipmemt P-1 Long Term report

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi Mara

      As your test monitor does not appear to have provided you with any feedback
      on this report, I will jump in. Please see below for my comments.

      Regards
      Andrew

      At 08:53 PM 28/07/2002, you wrote:

      > This initial test of the pack with the hipbelt proved to me that the
      > hipbelt likely provided me all the additional
      >comfort I would need to use the pack for longer hikes.

      ### I am not sure that this sentence reads right with the use of LIKELY
      between hipbelt and provided. I don't really have a solution but :-(

      >I found 20 pound carried quite comfortably for long distances. While the
      >hipbelt didn't take as much transferred weight as it might on a heavier
      >pack, I found the stability the hipbelt offered and the almost intermittant
      >weight transfer made the pack a joy to carry.

      ### I am a little unclear as to your message here, i.e., I am not sure that
      INTERMITTANT is the correct word here, but I could be wrong ...

      >Other observations:
      >
      >This is different than what I experienced without the hipbelt.

      ### This sentence may read better if you replaced THAN with TO.

      >Here's what happened:
      >
      >When collecting measurements and options for the individual packs, Brian
      >sent email to each tester outlining the measurements he needed.

      ### Missing AN between sent AND email.

      --
      Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

      Group Monitor: BackpackGearTest -