Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Yahoo's fate...

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2002
      Since being an active participant in the list has its rewards, I would
      prefer to have an e-mail list rather than a forum. It is easier and faster
      for me to read and delete the high volume of e-mail we get, than to launch
      a browser and look through multiple categories. On the other hand, a forum
      would allow people to include pictures in their messages which would save
      time chasing links in e-mail messages. No more broken links! Still, I
      prefer e-mail.

      -James T.

      "Jack Corrigan" <k9sar@...> on 08/02/2002 01:14:53 PM

      Please respond to BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Yahoo's fate...

      Has the use of a "forum" been explored? I was always a fan of email. But it
      seems where a single group has many different "topic/categories" that a
      forum setup works well. I just recently found the AT forum one while
      checking out SGT ROCK's site.

      TEAM JackQuest
      Jack, Cyber & Drager
      www.jackquest.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2002
        Hi Shane

        Not sure if your question was answered or not, but anyway, we will continue
        to use Yahoo! for the time being as a email group, but the files will go
        over to the new website.

        Andrew

        --
        Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net