Re: [BackpackGearTest] PEGGY re: Application for the...

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      Peggy,

      Please thoroughly read the "1 BGTSurvivalGuide.htm" file
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/1%20BGTSurvivalGuide.htm>

      and then amend your application appropriately. It is missing several
      things... including a statement saying you have read the above mentioned
      file.

      Thanks...

      -James T.

      Peggy Dodson <leonata@...> on 07/31/2002 09:59:24 PM

      Please respond to BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com

      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      cc:

      Subject: Re: [BackpackGearTest] Application for the Explorer Ultra-Lite
      Hammock from Hennessy

      I'd like to apply to test the Explorer Ultra-Lite Hammock by Hennessy.
      Here are my specs and experience details.

      AGE -- 28
      Gender --Female
      Height--5'4"
      Weight--245 lb.
      email--leonata@...
      Location--Missoula, MT, USA
      Backpacking experience--I have been hiking
      and camping for the past 24 years. My father was a scout master when I
      was young so I went on a lot of trips with his scout troop from age 4
      on up. My family also visited Yellowstone, Glacier and The Grand Teton
      National Parks regularly when I was growing up, which always entailed
      camp outs and day hikes. Every summer we went on several camping trips
      and did plenty of hiking--primarily in Montana, Wyoming and the Pacific
      Northwest. I started backpacking a year ago and have gradually been
      working on increasing the distance and elevation gain of my trips. I
      have backpacked all over Western Montana in the past year, with a
      higher concentration of trips in the areas within an hour or two of
      Missoula. Nearly all of these trips have been at an elevations greater
      than 4000 ft with elevation gains of 500 ft or greater over the course
      of the hike. I take a couple of backpacking trips each month. I also
      take regular car camping trips and hike nearly every weekend.

      Thanks, Peggy Dodson