Re: [BackpackGearTest] Attaching Hammock to trees

  • Tom Hennessy
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
      Dave - could you e-mail me your shipping address?

      Thanks

      Ann
      ----------
      >From: "David Schultz" <david.schultz@...>
      >To: BackpackGearTest@egroups.com
      >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Attaching Hammock to trees
      >Date: Tue, Dec 26, 2000, 10:14 AM
      >

      >I just got my Hennessey Ultra Light and I have noticed that the ridge
      >rope is starting to show signs of fraying where I knot it. I have
      >only set up the hammock a few times. What do you all think, should I
      >worry?
      >
      >Also, is there and easier way to attach the hammock to the tree?
      >Perhaps using a carabiner and a Prussick knot?
      >
      >Tread Well

    • GearTester
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
        Sure but I think you've probably sent me enough Ultralight hammocks for now Tom.....   ;o)
        I think you mis-sent this.
        Jerry
        Dave - could you e-mail me your shipping address?

        Thanks

        Ann
        ----------
        >From: "David Schultz" <david.schultz@...>
        >To: BackpackGearTest@egroups.com
        >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Attaching Hammock to trees
        >Date: Tue, Dec 26, 2000, 10:14 AM
        >

        >I just got my Hennessey Ultra Light and I have noticed that the ridge
        >rope is starting to show signs of fraying where I knot it. I have
        >only set up the hammock a few times. What do you all think, should I
        >worry?
        >
        >Also, is there and easier way to attach the hammock to the tree?
        >Perhaps using a carabiner and a Prussick knot?
        >
        >Tread Well

      • GearTester
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
          Actually, I think I did....sorry about that....guess I need more time out.......lol.
          Jerry