Big Agnes

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 30 2:00 PM
      I need your first and second reports uploaded ASAP. Thanks.
      Jerry
    • hikemstr@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4, 2001
        I am new to the group and would be very intersted in being considered
        as a tester.

        I am an avid backpacker who spends well in exceess of 100 nights out
        in all seasons. I have 18 years of experience throughout the
        states. I am male 51 years old, 5'6" and 155 lbs.

        I am planning an extensive trip on the upper third of the AT late
        spring and summer. It would provide an opportunity to test a wide
        range of equipment (I have arranged several postal drops to add and
        subtract equipment enroute). In the interim, I am planning several
        weekend trips throughout New England.

        I am open to any opportunities but am intrigued by the Big Agnes
        60/40 system if still available.

        Please be assured that I can (and will) comply with reporting
        requirements in a timely manner.

        I look forward to "connecting" with you and the group in the coming
        months.

        Dr. Eugene Roddy
        PO Box 6035
        Hamden, CT 06517
        hikemstr@...
      • GearTester
        Message 3 of 12 , May 17, 2001
          I just got off the phone with Bill at Big Agnes. They are very happy with the reports you all wrote. All future products, including their ultra lite versions, will be run through BGT. Good job!
          Jerry
        • David Foote
          Message 4 of 12 , May 17, 2001
            Can I volunteer for ultralite Big Agnes now? ;-)

            This is kind of like walking with your kids by a candy store
            in the mall and telling them,
            "We'll stop by there later, after we do our other shopping."

            You know what kind of reaction your going to get!

            df

            > GearTester wrote:
            >
            > I just got off the phone with Bill at Big Agnes. They are very happy
            > with the reports you all wrote. All future products, including their
            > ultra lite versions, will be run through BGT. Good job!
            > Jerry
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >
            > [Image] www.

          • GearTester
            Message 5 of 12 , May 17, 2001
              David! I'm hurt..... Do you honestly think I'd do something like mention the
              possibility of sub-2 pound 0 dg. and 15 dg bags coming in at a target of
              around 1.5 pounds .....or maybe a 30 - 40 dg Cross Mountain with pad for
              around 2 pounds.........and then add that they are just in the 2nd
              proto-type and won't be available 'till late summer.....or that we will
              probably get some pre-release bags......Oh, no....I wouldn't do such a
              thing....<looks innocent>
              Jerry
              > Can I volunteer for ultralite Big Agnes now? ;-)
              >
              > This is kind of like walking with your kids by a candy store
              > in the mall and telling them,
              > "We'll stop by there later, after we do our other shopping."
              >
              > You know what kind of reaction your going to get!
              >
              > df
            • David Foote
              Message 6 of 12 , May 18, 2001
                <looks innocent>

                <SALIVATING & DROOLING>

                You may start some mass hysteria and rioting in the streets among us
                lightweight & ultra-light aficionados if you keep talking like that.

                df

                GearTester wrote:

                > David! I'm hurt..... Do you honestly think I'd do something like mention the
                > possibility of sub-2 pound 0 dg. and 15 dg bags coming in at a target of
                > around 1.5 pounds .....or maybe a 30 - 40 dg Cross Mountain with pad for
                > around 2 pounds.........and then add that they are just in the 2nd
                > proto-type and won't be available 'till late summer.....or that we will
                > probably get some pre-release bags......Oh, no....I wouldn't do such a
                > thing....<looks innocent>
                > Jerry

              • GearTester
                Message 7 of 12 , May 18, 2001
                  The first protos of the down mummys came in a few days ago. They are still
                  heavier than Bill or Brad at Big Agnes want them to be. I hope to get my
                  hands on one of them soon. The 2 pound Cross Mountain is still on the
                  drawing boards....but it is on the drawing boards for this summer.
                  Jerry