Hennessy Hammocks

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 19, 2000
      Tom Hennessy of Hennessy Hammocks will be joining the list with a request for testers for his new 24 oz. hammock with rainfly.
      He will post the request for testers and you will reply to him through the list. He will select the testers.
      Jerry

    • Gear Tester
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 19, 2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 19, 2000
          Here are some final concluding remarks I have about the filter. First of
          all, I've been won over by the filter. I used it on a short weekend trip,
          and also ran it through some rigors around the neighborhood. It cleaned
          my water, kept it tasting good, and did so in an unobtrusive manner.

          If the production model comes with directions, it would be great. I would
          also be interested in a possible hand pump attachment for faster, more
          versatile use, if that would be at all possible.

          If more is needed from me, I can write everything up into a more formal
          review and send it in.

          Stephen Payne

          "We sure liberated the hell out of this place."
          -- GI entering the rubble of St. Lo, France, 1944
          * http://webpub.alleg.edu/student/p/paynes/war.html *
          * WW II Pictures, Essays, Information, and More *
        • Michael Tocci

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 20, 2000
              I would be happy to test one down here in the swamps of Louisiana. We do
              have a week or two of cold weather each winter. I would just have to stay
              home those two weekends I guess.

              Phil

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 20, 2000
                Critical Payne <paynes@a...> wrote:

                >I would also be interested in a possible hand pump attachment for
                >faster, more versatile use, if that would be at all possible.

                During gravity feed home testing, I was averaging 65-70 seconds to
                filter one liter. That's faster than many, if not most, hand pumps
                that I've used and it requires no effort. That's pretty good IMO.

                What kind of throughput are you getting?

                Gerry
              • Robert Stanley
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 23, 2000
                  I'm also a current owner of a Hennessy Hammock (after Michael Tocci's
                  glowing recommendation) and I too LOVE it!!!

                  Id be more then willing to test any new model, specially the lighter weight
                  ones or any designed for colder weather.

                  Thanks Jerry, for all of your hard work.

                  Rob Stanley
                  NJ

                  > Tom Hennessy of Hennessy Hammocks will be joining the list with a request
                  for testers for his new 24 oz. hammock with rainfly.
                  > He will post the request for testers and you will reply to him through the
                  list. He will select the testers.
                  > Jerry
                • Steven Sylvester
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 25, 2000
                    FWIW, I will be section hiking the AT in Central Virginia 10/20-10/27
                    and would enjoy testing the hammock.

                    --- In backpackgeartest@egroups.com, "Gear Tester" <geartester@h...>
                    wrote:
                    > Tom Hennessy of Hennessy Hammocks will be joining the list with a
                    request for testers for his new 24 oz. hammock with rainfly.
                    > He will post the request for testers and you will reply to him
                    through the list. He will select the testers.
                    > Jerry

                  • Alquin Grubb
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
                      Hi Jerry,

                      I would like to submit my name as a potential tester of the Hennessy
                      Hammock.

                      I agree to the conditions specified viz a viz the reports required and
                      the timelines.

                      I am a 53 year old male, weight 170lbs, 5'11" tall.

                      I have hiked, camped, climbed and canoed for the last 30+ years. For the
                      last 20+ years I have led two winter camps each year for high school
                      groups, involving two night camps in the bush of central Ontario. I also
                      solo trip in the winter in such areas as Algonquin Park and the
                      Adirondacks. My usual procedure when winter camping in the Ontario bush
                      is to take a tarp and construct a lean-to or use a baker-style tent,
                      unless we are building quinzhees. My anticipated use of the hammock
                      would be in sheltered woods, in Canadian Shield terrain, i.e.. rocky
                      hills, lake and swamp.

                      Taking pictures is not a problem and I have access to a scanner.

                      Alquin
                    • tim murphy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 4, 2000
                        I'd like to put my name in the hat for being a Hennessy Hammock tester. I
                        agree to the conditions and deadlines specified.

                        I am a 30 year old male, 175 lbs, 5'10". I've been backpacking for about
                        three years and am always looking for lighterweight gear. I live in
                        Kentucky so the winter here haven't been harsh the last few years. By day,
                        I am an engineer and have done competitive testing in the past, so I feel I
                        would be able to contribute to the field testing.

                        Tim

                        http://profiles.msn.com
                      • briansrapier@netscape.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 16, 2002
                          Anyone know if the hammocks are due to be shipped anytime soon? I received notification of selection, but nothing since...

                          Brian

                          --
                          "Je suis Marxiste... , tendance Groucho."

                        • Dennis Shubitowski
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 17, 2004
                            Seychelle is waiting a shipment of the bottles to come in, and when they
                            do they will go out right away.

                            Dennis
                          • Shandra Hunt
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 17, 2004