Re: [backpackgeartest] Failed dye test? (summary of results?)

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2000
      From: aedixon@...
      To: backpackgeartest@egroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 2:31 PM
      Subject: [backpackgeartest] Failed dye test? (summary of results?)

      My Groups | backpackgeartest Main Page | Start a new group!

      Am very interested in learning why the Seychelle filter "failed" the
      dye test. From my memory, all my previous filters passed this test. I
      used to carry a bottle of blue dye in the field to check my filters
      just in case. I cleaned my PUR Hiker with bleach last night or I
      would test it with blue dye as well.

      Looking forward to Seychelle's response.

      Also I've been away a bunch in the last four weeks. I've tried to
      catch up on the testing but it's pretty hard at 56K to figure out
      what's going on. Just too many posts to go through. Is there a
      summary of testing results somewhere?
      Thanks,

      -Alan

      I'm also interested in why the SWA, Sweetwater, and PUR also failed. Well, guess not. More interested in how any passed.

      Jerry