Seychelle O ring

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2000
      I just tried something with interesting results. The filter Seychelle is using was originally intended for in line water filtration in a city water line at dentists offices. It was designed to be under pressure. I took one of the filters I have and removed the small O ring that is on the screw in shaft of the removable filter. I then screwed the filter back in and applied water pressure with the back flush tool. I carefully dried the filter element and turned the unit right side up. The well at the base of the filter was dry. The O ring doesn't appear necessary at the pressures generated by gravity feed. I'll call Seychelle Monday and see if they agree. The instructions still suck though.
      Jerry