Re: [backpackgeartest] Re: Seychelle Test Results

  • artcloutmn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14, 2000
      In a message dated 9/14/00 7:36:11 PM, geartester@... writes:

      << I wasn't aware of the backflush tool for the Seychelle.

      I don't believe the white rubber funnel was intended as a backflush tool. I
      believe it is to be used for running tap water thru the filter from the input
      end to irrigate the unit as per instructions. However the instructions say
      to pass a full water bladder of water thru the filter before using it to
      drink from. I also think the funnel was included for our testing purposes.
      But I agree that the instructions were far from clear. I a pleased to be
      able to participate in this evaluation.

      Art
    • Gear Tester
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14, 2000
        << I wasn't aware of the backflush tool for the Seychelle.

        I don't believe the white rubber funnel was intended as a backflush tool. I
        believe it is to be used for running tap water thru the filter from the input
        end to irrigate the unit as per instructions. However the instructions say
        to pass a full water bladder of water thru the filter before using it to
        drink from. I also think the funnel was included for our testing purposes.
        But I agree that the instructions were far from clear. I a pleased to be
        able to participate in this evaluation.

        Art

        Actually, I'm cheating a little. I talked to Carl Palmer, President and CEO of Seychelle and the patient holder on the reverse osmosis process, and he was the one that told me what the tool was intended for with this filter. They make all kinds of medical and general use filters. They were the OEM for SWA filters also. He was of the opinion, off the record, that if I back flushed the filter after each trip it would be quite awhile before I replaced it. That was why they included it with the pack. This particular filter was originally intended for in line water filtration in dentists offices.

        Jerry