Travel Medicine Monitor Report

  • dawnhark
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 5, 2002
      The Travel Medicine Insect Repellent test is on schedule. All testers
      have uploaded their Initial Reports.

      The Field Test and Final Report dates are not in the database (am I
      supposed to put them there or do the Moderators do it?), and I don't
      have that information with me now so I'll try to remember to post
      those due dates tomorrow.

      Happy testing!

      Dawn
    • dawnhark
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 12, 2002
        Travel Medicine Monitor Report, June 12, 2002

        The following members of the Travel Medicine team have received their
        repellents, posted their Initial Reports to the group, and uploaded
        their reports to the appropriate BGT files in HTML:

        Clifford Hayes
        Deanne Piskura
        Shane Steinkamp
        William Ward
        Jeff Widman

        Thank you for your brave and dedicated efforts to bring bug-free
        outdoor enjoyment to the masses!

        Dates to remember: The Field Test Report is due on Monday, 7/15, and
        the Long-Term Report is due on Monday, 11/18.

        Dawn, currently dodging mosquitos at work
      • dawnhark
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 11, 2002
          Travel Medicine Monitor Report, July 11, 2002

          Just a few days left til the much-anticipated Field Reports! I want to
          give this test group particular recognition for their hard--and no
          doubt seemingly endless--work on this series, which is really five
          tests cleverly disguised as one. Maybe in the future we can find a way
          to spread the work load a bit better on this type of multi-test. At
          any event, rest assured you are doing a geat service to bug-tormented
          humans everywhere, and THANK YOU!!!!!!

          The following members of the Travel Medicine team have received their
          repellents, posted their Initial Reports to the group, and uploaded
          their reports to the appropriate BGT files in HTML:

          Clifford Hayes
          Deanne Piskura
          Shane Steinkamp
          William Ward
          Jeff Widman

          Dates to remember: The Field Test Report is due on Monday, 7/15, and
          the Long-Term Report is due on Monday, 11/18.

          Dawn
        • Jerry Goller
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 11, 2002
            I agree...on all points. This test series was ill thought out on my
            part. I'll certainly try to do better on the next one like this. Thanks
            to all of you for hanging in there and covering my mistake on this one.
            Jerry

            Travel Medicine Monitor Report, July 11, 2002

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            {short description of image}
            <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/de/debtscape/dt_59_468x60north.gif>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Shane Steinkamp
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 14, 2002
              > I agree...on all points. This test series was ill
              > thought out on my part. I'll certainly try to do
              > better on the next one like this. Thanks
              > to all of you for hanging in there and covering
              > my mistake on this one.

              Don't sell yourself short yet. I have actually come to see
              testing this group of products as a group to be the right
              way to have done it. The products are designed to be
              complimentary, and so they should be tested together.

              Like a rain suit, you wouldn't part out the hood, jacket,
              and pants to different testers for evaluation - they are
              part of a 'set' of things that are designed to do the same
              job in different ways...

              Let's wait for the field reports...

              Shane
            • dawnhark
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 18, 2002
                I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this report is a bit late or not--I
                will post it sometime tonight.

                Dawn
              • Andrew Priest
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 18, 2002
                  Hi Dawn

                  I have! :-) Hence your mention in dispatches. See message # 14679

                  Regards
                  Andrew

                  --
                  Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

                  Group Monitor: BackpackGearTest -
                • dawnhark
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 18, 2002
                    Travel Medicine Monitor Report, July 6, 2002

                    The following testers have all posted and uploaded their Initial
                    Reports. The status of their Field Reports is noted after each
                    individual's name, along with suggested corrections for them to
                    consider.

                    Clifford Hayes:

                    Posted and Uploaded in HTML. This is an excellent report, but I did
                    find a few things you may or may not wish to change...

                    Re: Your Initial Report: Put the words "Initial Report" at the top of
                    the page. Remove the apostrophe from "Stat's". Change the semicolon
                    after "repellent products from;" to a colon. Remove manfacturer's
                    location and phone numbers. Change the semicolon after "from caution
                    label;" to a colon. Change "there young children" to "their young
                    children". Put a space after "4 oz" and before "(114g)"--and put one
                    before the "g", too. (To avoid undue repetition, please adjust
                    similar spacing throughout the report.) Change "after it has dried"
                    to "after they have dried".

                    Re: Your Field Report: Make similar changes throughout the report
                    (semicolon to colon where appropriate, spacing corrections, remove
                    address/phone numbers). Put a period or a semicolon after "Maine" and
                    before "this section" instead of a comma. Change "again lot of black
                    flies" to "again a lot of black flies". "Over all" should
                    be "overall". Remove this comma: "average backpacker, or hiker".
                    Change "too course" to "too coarse".

                    For consistency, either use a period after abbreviations such
                    as "oz." and "g."...or don't. Don't do both (I feel it's best to omit
                    them). Also, I may be wrong about this, but I believe we were asked
                    not to abbreviate product names in our reports...?

                    Change "cloths" to "clothes" (in two locations in your report).
                    Change "applied a little thinner" to "applied it a little thinner".

                    Forgive me, Cliff, I know this is getting a bit picky but here's
                    another one for you to consider: Change "it's working". to "it's
                    working." (Quotes go outside punctuation--usually!!) Remove this
                    comma: "Swift river, spelled the end." At the end of the report,
                    change "6 Hour, to get what is left I have to" to "6 Hour; to get
                    what is left, I have to". Change the comma after "bottom line" to a
                    colon.

                    Deanne Piskura: Two-day extension requested

                    [The following testers will have to wait until tomorrow to hear my
                    suggestions regarding their reports. I'm still at work, it's 11:30
                    pm, and I need to get out of here!]

                    Shane Steinkamp: Posted, and Uploaded in HTML

                    William Ward: Posted, and Uploaded in HTML

                    Jeff Widman: Posted

                    The Long-Term Report is due on Tuesday, November 18, 2002.

                    Dawn
                  • dawnhark
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 24, 2002
                      Travel Medicine Monitor Report, July 24, 2002

                      The following testers have all posted and uploaded their Initial
                      Reports. The status of their Field Reports is noted after each
                      individual's name.

                      Jeff Widman: Posted to the list, but still needs to be uploaded to the
                      correct BGT file in html.

                      Deanne Piskura: Two-day extension requested and granted last week. I
                      have asked that Deanne let me know when we can expect her report, but
                      I haven't yet heard back from her. Deanne, if there's a problem,
                      contact me off list and I'm sure we can work something out. Otherwise,
                      please let me know as soon as possible when you plan to post your
                      report--thanks.

                      Cliff Hayes: Posted and uploaded.

                      Shane Steinkamp: Posted and uploaded.

                      Bill Ward: Posted and uploaded.

                      Thanks to everyone for their hard work!

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 25, 2002
                        Hi Dawn

                        If you haven't already done so, can you please follow up with Jeff and
                        Deanne directly via email and copy your emails to the group. They maybe
                        missing these comments as they are "buried" in the monitor's report. If
                        they are not fixed by next week, I will pass this on the moderators for
                        further consideration/action.

                        Thanks
                        Andrew

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 7 9:56 AM
                          Travel Medicine Monitor Report, August 7, 2002

                          The following testers have all posted and uploaded their Initial
                          Reports. The status of their Field Reports is noted after each
                          individual's name.

                          Jeff Widman: Posted to the list, and will probably be uploaded today
                          when Jeff gets back from yet another adventure.

                          Deanne Piskura: Two-day extension requested and granted, three weeks
                          ago. I have emailed Deanne and asked her to let me know when we can
                          expect her report, but I haven't yet heard back from her. I have also
                          emailed her off-list but have not yet heard back.

                          Cliff Hayes: Posted and uploaded.

                          Shane Steinkamp: Posted and uploaded.

                          Bill Ward: Posted and uploaded.

                          I will continue to post weekly monitor reports until all of the Field
                          Reports have been uploaded. At that time, I will move to monthly
                          monitor reports until one month prior to the due date of the Long Term
                          Report.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 12 8:26 AM
                            At 12:56 AM 08/08/2002, you wrote:
                            >Travel Medicine Monitor Report, August 7, 2002
                            >
                            >Deanne Piskura: Two-day extension requested and granted, three weeks
                            >ago. I have emailed Deanne and asked her to let me know when we can
                            >expect her report, but I haven't yet heard back from her. I have also
                            >emailed her off-list but have not yet heard back.

                            Thanks Dawn for the update and details of the steps taken. This is
                            excellent reporting and is very helpful. A BIG thanks. I will now raise
                            this issue with the moderators group for appropriate action.

                            >I will continue to post weekly monitor reports until all of the Field
                            >Reports have been uploaded. At that time, I will move to monthly
                            >monitor reports until one month prior to the due date of the Long Term
                            >Report.

                            Yes please Dawn. This helps us monitor the situation.

                            Regards
                            Andrew

                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 14 12:08 PM
                              --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "dawnhark" <dawnhark@y...> wrote:
                              > Travel Medicine Monitor Report, August 14, 2002
                              >
                              > The following testers have all posted and uploaded their Initial
                              > Reports. The status of their Field Reports is noted after each
                              > individual's name.
                              >
                              > Jeff Widman: Posted and uploaded.
                              >
                              > Deanne Piskura: Report sent to me for posting and uploading. I
                              posted it to the list and will now attempt to upload it. (Andrew,
                              thanks for the offer of help with this; I'll let you know if I need to
                              take you up on it.)

                              > Cliff Hayes: Posted and uploaded.
                              >
                              > Shane Steinkamp: Posted and uploaded.
                              >
                              > Bill Ward: Posted and uploaded.
                              >

                              > The Long-Term Report is due on Tuesday, November 18, 2002.
                              >
                              > Dawn
                            • Andrew Priest
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 17 7:49 AM
                                Hi Dawn

                                Thanks for getting this sorted. As the reports are now all uploaded and the
                                manufacturer notified, can you please go to monthly reporting. I have your
                                first monthly report due on September 11, 2002. If this does not sound
                                right to you, please let me know.

                                Regards
                                Andrew