APPLICATION TO TEST BIBLER WINTER BIVY

  • trailtripper2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      Application to test the Bibler Winter Bivy

      Name: Matt Willis
      E-mail: jwillis@...
      Age: 15
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5'11"
      Weight: 145
      Location: Oregon

      Background:
      I am a Star Scout from Troop 260 in Oregon. I have been backpacking/car
      camping for the past four years. I have over 70 backpacking nights and
      have gone backpacking in Washington and Oregon. I have climbed Mt.
      Washington (in Washington), Mt. Adams, and have done the Bowron canoe
      circuit in B.C. Currently I have my pack down to ~25lbs in the winter
      and ~20lbs in the summer. For my shelter I currently use the Black
      Diamond Betamid, a floorless tent. Before that I used the REI Soloite
      and the REI Clipper.

      I would be a good tester for the Bibler Winter Bivy because I live in
      Oregon and I am very familiar with rain and I'm always looking for a
      new way of staying dry. I have never used a bivy but I have always been
      wanting to use one. Even though this is summer time it still rains in
      the valley in Oregon, which averages 35 to 50 inches of rain a year.
      Most of my outings are on the coast, though, where it averages ~120
      inches of rain a year so there would be no problem with not being able
      to test the bivy in wet conditions. The temperatures are in the 70's
      and 80's now but every few days it's in the low 60's.

      I have read the BGT survival guide,version 0302.2, and I agree to
      comply with all of the testing and reporting requirements.

      I have posted the following owner reviews:

      Black Diamond Betamid tent
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Shelters/
      Black%20Diamond%20Betamid/betamid.html

      REI Polar Pod sleeping bag
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Sleep%20Gear/
      REI%20Polar%20Pod%20/Polar%20Pod%20owner%20review.htm

      Thanks for considering me.

      Matt Willis