Bibler Winter Bivy app.

  • leesa04048
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3 7:14 AM
      Bibler Winter Bivy Test Application

      Leesa Joiner
      41 years old
      Female
      5' 7" 155#
      South Western Maine
      June 3, 2002

      I would like to apply to test the Bibler Winter Bivy. I have
      never used one, but have camped with someone who had one made by a
      different manufacturer. The more I read this list, the more items I
      'need', it seems. The Bivy would be very useful, especially here in
      Northern New England, where the weather is so unpredictable. We are
      just coming out of a drought. It has been raining (sometimes
      torrentially) every other day or so. The night time temperatures are
      still down in the mid-40s. Farmer's Almanac predicts a wet spring and
      early summer. Night temperatures in the mid-40s-mid-50s. Due to our
      location in the foothills of the White Mountains, we are usually
      cooler at night, than would be expected, even when daytime temps reach
      the high 80s. I will be camping in Northern Vermont and Northern
      Maine during the summer, which should ensure plenty of rainy/cool
      nights.
      Most of my camping experience involves camping/hiking with my
      family, starting when I was about 6 years old. I know spend most of
      my outdoor time with my husband, 3 children and their scout groups.
      Up until now, most of our trips have consisted of setting up camp, and
      hiking from there. We are now doing more hike ins, carrying
      everything we need with us. This has made it neccessary to lighten
      our load. We are out at least one weekend a month during the winter,
      and more during the other three seasons. I plan on doing some
      overnight cross country ski trips this winter.
      The Bivy seems like a great piece of foul weather gear! It would
      probably work well with my Hennessy Asym. Hammock. I can imagine
      that it would increase the usefulness of the hammock, allowing for a
      wider range of times it would be usable.
      I have read the Survival Guide on May 27, 2002 and agree to follow
      it and submit reports as they are due.

      Owner Reviews
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Food%20Preparation%20Gear%20/Excaliber%202900%20Dehydrator/Dehydrator-Owner_Review.htm

      Current Tests