Re: [BackpackGearTest] MiniBuck Owner's Report

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
      HI Peggy

      Thanks for the review. In going over the report, I did notice one small
      typo in the first paragraph. I think that this sentence should read "There
      are several other small MULTITOOLS on the market, ..." with the correction
      in capitals.

      I also notice that your report does not include the details required in the
      "Product Information" section of the BGT Survival Guide. Could you please
      include this information before uploading your report to the appropriate
      folder (created). You can find the BGT Survival Guide at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/1%20BGTSurvivalGuide.htm.

      Regards
      Andrew Priest
      Group Monitor

      --
      Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

    • Peggy Dodson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
        Hi,
        I would like to apply to be a tester for the Red Ledge Voyager Rain
        Gear. I will be hiking, camping and backpacking nearly every weekend
        this summer. Most of my trips will be in the mountains of Western
        Montana. So far, I plan to make several trips into the Selway-
        Bitterroot Wilderness, which is just to the south of where I live. My
        summer will also include 2 or 3 trips north to Glacier National Park.
        Other trips I want to make include treks through the Welcome Creek
        Wilderness, the Rattlesnake Wilderness and the Seeley-Swan recreation
        area.

        We are having a very wet spring this year in Western Montana so I
        should have ample opportunity to test the gear's waterproofness and
        breathability. Evening thunder storms are quite common in this region.
        These should allow me to evaluate the rain suit's performance under
        more extreme conditions, such as heavy wind and rain. I also plan to
        use the outfit as regular part of my layering system on the trail;
        heavy usage will give me an idea of how durable the Voyager series is.

        I have read the BGT survival guide in it's most up to date form, and
        I promise to adhere to it's guidelines.

        Biographical Information For Peggy Dodson

        AGE--28
        Gender--Female
        Height--5'4"
        Weight--250 lb.
        email--leonata@...
        Location--Missoula, MT, USA
        Backpacking experience--I have been hiking and camping for the
        past 24 years. My father was a scout master when I was young so I went
        on a lot of trips with his scout troop from age 4 on up. My family
        also visited Yellowstone, Glacier and The Grand Teton National Parks
        regularly when I was growing up, which always entailed camp outs and
        day hikes. Every summer we went on several camping trips and did
        plenty of hiking--primarily in Montana, Wyoming and the Pacific
        Northwest. I started backpacking a year ago and have gradually been
        working on
        increasing the distance and elevation gain of my trips. I have
        backpacked all over Western Montana in the past year, with a higher
        concentration of trips in the areas within an hour or two of Missoula.
        Nearly all of these trips have been at an elevations greater than 4000
        ft with elevation gains of 500 ft or greater over the course of the
        hike. I take at least a couple of backpacking trips each month. I
        also take regular car camping trips and hike nearly every weekend. All
        this gives me ample opportunity to test my gear. So far my gear
        testing experience is limited to two beta tests for Cascade Designs;
        however, I have excellent writing skills and good analytical
        capabilities.

        The links to my owner reviews are:

        Buck Minibuck Tool
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Knives/Buck%20Minibuck%20Multitool/mbuckpd.html

        The North Face Slickrock Tent
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Shelters/Tents/TNF%20Slickrock%20Tent/slkrockpd.html

        Thank you very much for your consideration, Peggy Dodson

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com