Re: finally

  • David Anderson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2002
      leesa04048 writes:
      > I'm not sure that it would go through the fire wall at work. When
      > the groups moves to the new site, how will reports be posted? I'm
      > willing to help if needed. I joined after the process started, so I'm
      > not sure what stage it's all at. Thanks for all the help!! Leesa

      Leesa,

      The testing of the code for the new site is going to be starting next week.
      The file upload code it is the feature that is the biggest problem, parsing
      and cleaning HTML is tough, it's not surprising that Yahoo! has problems
      with it, but you would expect that such a large web company would be able to
      get it right.

      Here are a few of the features

      - Tester information is loaded from your Bio information stored in the
      database. You are given an opprotunity to do some simple edits, add torso
      length for packs, foot size for boots, etc.

      - All reports will be viewed on the same screen, therefore your field and
      long term reports will not have to cover any of the information in the
      initial report.

      - Images will be allowed in the reports! There will be limits on the size
      and number allowed.

      - All members will have the option to turn off images and have them display
      as links. This means that all images will be required to have good
      discriptive "ALT=" information in their IMG tags for use in generating the
      link text. If there is no ALT the upload will fail. This also means no
      thumbnails.

      - pictures will be uploaded at the same time as the reports.

      That's the quick rundown. Hopefully it will will be better than the current
      method and produce less problems, but only the testing will tell. I expect
      that uploading files will be broken alot during the testing cycle, because
      I'm sure that that is where most of the problems and complaints will be.

      Dave