Re: Seychelle Test Results (It broke!)

  • Gerry Gladu
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2000
      "W J Jeffrey" <aa6j@a...> wrote:

      > So, in summary:
      > Why did the filter fail the dye test?

      I am curious to know why this would be a valid water filter test for
      a filter with a maximum 2 micron pore size.

      > How would this filter perform in silty conditions?

      Shouldn't this should be part of the filter testing? If it clogs,
      unscrew it, rinse it off, try it again and make note of the results
      and report back to us.

      Personally, like any filter I would expect it to eventually clog in
      silty conditions. What we need to know is how does it perform after
      rinsing it out. Does it flow freely again until sediment clogs it
      again? If so, that would be very acceptable, IMO. If it didn't clog
      in silty conditions, I'd be pretty worried.

      Gerry