Looking for a camera bag

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 6:49 AM
      I am looking for a harness type camera bag to strap to my chest while
      wearing a day-pack and using trekking poles. My camera is a (heavy) Pentax
      PZ1p with a 28-200mm zoom lens. It also has a wrist grip, which adds to
      the bulk of the camera as it adds about an inch all along the bottom
      surface. I am considering the Lowepro ($60) and the North Face ($69). Has
      anyone used these products?

      Thanks in advance for any advice.

      -James T.

      Lowepro Top Load Zoom AW (All Weather) Camera Bag
      http://www.central-camera.com/cases/lowepro/20135.htm
      The North Face Climber's Camera Bag
      http://www.backpacker.com/gear/article/0,1023,3065,00.html

      Also see... http://www.outsidemag.com/gear/gearguy/200003/20000317.html
    • dunning_josh
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 8:50 AM
        --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., <jetriple@r...> wrote:

        > I am looking for a harness type camera bag to strap to my chest
        while
        > wearing a day-pack and using trekking poles. My camera is a
        (heavy) Pentax
        > PZ1p with a 28-200mm zoom lens. It also has a wrist grip, which
        adds to
        > the bulk of the camera as it adds about an inch all along the bottom
        > surface. I am considering the Lowepro ($60) and the North Face
        ($69). Has
        > anyone used these products?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any advice.
        >
        > -James T.
        >
        > Lowepro Top Load Zoom AW (All Weather) Camera Bag
        > http://www.central-camera.com/cases/lowepro/20135.htm
        > The North Face Climber's Camera Bag
        > http://www.backpacker.com/gear/article/0,1023,3065,00.html

        Hey James,

        I've got the Lowepro TLZ mini and it fits my Nikon N65 with a 28-80
        Lens great. Looks like the one pictured will fit your 200 with no
        problem. I like the Lowe because mine has a shoulder strap, handle,
        and a wide loop to attach to a belt. A couple little pockets for
        batteries and film, etc. makes it a versatile little bag. I took ours
        on vacation to St. Lucia and it protected my camera from a little
        rain, and and on business where it survived life in an overhead
        compartment. I also chose the Lowe because it was available last
        minute, I didn't have time to search around for a comparable bag.

        Josh