Re: [BackpackGearTest] Golite Hex2

  • hikemstr@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
      Jerry

      I would like to express my interest in testing the GoLite Hex2 Shelter. I am
      working with a number of different lightweight shelter strategies (hammocks,
      tarps,
      solo tents) seeking to compare and contrast suitable
      lighter shelters for treks in northern New England. The
      scope of my outings includes section hikes on the AT and trips in all types
      of weather. My goal of the test would compare their
      product with other lightweight shelter options. Of particular interest is to
      compare
      and contrast their model with other shelter options which I currently use.
      The Hex2
      seems to lend itself to summer as well as winter applications. In
      northern New England there will be many opportunities to test this feature.

      I am a 52 year old male (5'7" - 160 lbs.). I have many years of experience
      backpacking throughout the East. I am a climber and making a steady
      transition to "lightweight" strategies.

      I am familiar with all expectations of testers and will continue to comply
      with all requirements.

      Doc

      Dr. Eugene Roddy (hikemstr@...)

      Bibler Eldorado - Owner Review
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Shelters/Bibler%20Eldorad
      o/Owner%27s%20Report%20-%20Bibler%20Eldorado.htm

      Big Agnes - Owner Review
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Sleep%20Gear/Big%20Agnes%

      20Cross%20Mountain/BACrossMountain.htm

      Last Chance Sportswear
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Clothing/Last%20Chance%20

      Sportswear/Eugene%20Roddy%20/Report1and2.html

      Sportswear/Eugene%20Roddy%20/Last%20Chance%20Shorts%20-%20Report%20%233.htm

      Equinox Ultra Light Bivy
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Shelters/Equinox%20Ultral

      ight%20Bivy/Eugene%20A.%20Roddy/Equinox%20Ultralight%20Bivy%20Report.htm

      ight%20Bivy/Eugene%20A.%20Roddy/Equinox%20Ultralight%20Bivy%20Report%232.htm

      ight%20Bivy/Eugene%20A.%20Roddy/Equinox%20Ultralight%20Bivy%20Report%233.htm

      Crazy Crib LEX
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Shelters/Crazy%20Creek%20

      Crib%20LE/Dr.%20Eugene%20A.%20Roddy/Crazy%20Crib%201%262.htm

      Crib%20LE/Dr.%20Eugene%20A.%20Roddy/Crazy%20Crib%20%233.htm

    • Jerry Goller
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
        The floor isn't included in the test. But I'm sure we could arrange a
        discount for any of the testers that wanted the accessories for it.
        Jerry

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2002
          --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Jerry Goller" <geartester@a...> wrote:
          > The floor isn't included in the test. But I'm sure we could arrange
          > a discount for any of the testers that wanted the accessories forit.
          > Jerry

          I'd have to cast a vote for the Nest option. The bugs get pretty bag
          up here. The Skeeters are already out in the lowlands due to the mild
          winter.

          Josh

          That is, of course, if I'm chosen...
        • Rami
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 4, 2002
            Application to test
            Golite Hex2 Shelter

            Name: Rami Benhameda
            E-Mail: rbenhameda@...
            Age: 33
            Height: 5'11"
            Weight: 200 # (+/-)
            Geographic Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

            If I am selected to test the Hex 2, I would do so on Solo and two person hikes which I am planning for this summer and fall. I have never used a floorless shelter so this would not only be a test for the product, but for me as well.

            I have been hiking, backpacking, and camping for more than 20 years in Indiana and the surrounding states as well as Ontario Canada and the eastern seaboard. I have recently been trying to reduce my pack weight, but that's not usually possible on family trips as I have to carry my youngest's gear until she's big enough to do it herself.

            I have read the requirements for a tester as outlined in the BGTSurvival Guide, and I agree to comply.

            I have posted the following product reviews so far:

            (Owner)Coleman Exponent Inyo 2 tent
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Shelters/Coleman%20Exponent%20Inyo%202/Owner%20Review%20Coleman%20Inyo%202%20tent.htm

            (Owner)Camelbak HAWG hydration system
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/files/Hydration%20Systems/Camelbak%20H.A.W.G./Owner%20Review%20Camelbak%20H_A_W_G_.htm